Beren Stinks by Sinneahtes

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I don't need to be drunk to write like a fool! I just need to be totally sleep deprived and give myself 15 minutes. ;) (I wrote this to see what it was like to post a story. This isn't to be taken the least bit seriously.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The world's absolute worst retelling of the story of Beren and Luthien. And I mean that when I say it. ;)

Major Characters: Beren, Finrod Felagund, Lúthien Tinúviel, Mandos

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 482
Posted on 22 May 2007 Updated on 22 May 2007

This fanwork is complete.

P.U.

Read P.U.

It was a dark and stormy night. (Except that it was actually daytime and the weather was perfect, but anyway...) A hairy, smelly, dirty man covered in muck and ticks trudged on through the mucky, tick-infested landscape--what Luthien saw in this guy, Eru only knows (one can speculate she was just really pissed off at Daddy Thingol for giving her Odor Eaters socks for her birthday instead of that stereo system for her horse that she'd asked for, and here was her revenge), but he was on an Epic Mission, and Luthien was hot (because she's a female Elf, and a female Elf's primary purpose is to be hot), so he had to trudge on. A bunch of Elves hiding in the trees were staring at him like, "Eew, that guy smells like a sick warg and looks like he just took a bath in grasshopper spit," but let him pass. That ring he had on looked pretty spiffy. And, of course, nobody wanted to touch him if they caught him. Though they wished he wouldn't hold the ring aloft--it exposed his armpits to the world and the consequences of that were rather painful.

All lifeforms too near to Beren wilted and died from his stench, and various solid substances melted or crumbled as if a very strong acid had been poured over them (complete with dramatic hissing and shreiking noises), and the entrance to Nargothrond was revealed to him.

Finrod saw the ring, but did not need it to recognize the son of Barahir. Apparently B.O. of that magnitude ran in the family. The two sat behind closed doors (at everyone else's insistance) and talked. Finrod felt dizzy and distracted and found himself nodding a lot, but not really listening. Obviously, he agreed to whatever Beren asked because of this.

To make a long story short, they went on a quest and stuff. Finrod really shouldn't have bothered to save Beren from the wolf, because that wolf would have had instant major stomach problems just sniffing Beren before eating him. And when Beren died and went to the Halls of Mandos and Luthien followed and begged his release, Mandos, with tears in his eyes and trying to breathe through his mouth, agreed. There were no showers in his halls, and he feared that if Beren stayed any longer, too many other spirits would refuse his call after death.

So Beren and Luthien returned to life, but couldn't be seen by anyone else. If you can't guess why, I probably haven't done a great job of beating it into your head that Beren totally reeked. Luthien had a special clothespin designed for plugging her nose, which the Silmaril was set into. But everyone else said the Silmaril was set into some necklace, because nostril-plugging clothespins don't sound as "epic fantasy" as jewelry.

The End.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


:D  I laughed the entire way through this!  It explains SO much!  I could vividly see him walking and everything near his path wilting, Elves rearing back in horror and gesturing wildly for the other to stop the man....   Grasshopper spit!  And that clothespin with the Silmaril set in it...I want to SEE that!  :D  

Hope you don't mind me looking you up.  I saw your name on Pande's LJ and she mentioned stories, so I went hunting.  Would love to see more from you!