Torn asunder by Rhapsody

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for OSA drabble Challenge #21: Double Drabble. Themes chosen: Regret (challenge nr 1) and Minor Character(challenge nr 20).

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What were Mithrellas thoughts on the eve when she left her family behind on Middle Earth?

Major Characters: Imrazor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Strong Women, Untold History

Rating: General

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 200
Posted on 25 May 2007 Updated on 25 May 2007

This fanwork is complete.

Torn asunder

The Drabble is loosely based on information coming from The Peoples of Middle Earth (The Heirs of Elendil, the line of Dol Amroth) and From the article Lonely Wanderers and the Tales That Almost Were by Michael Martinez.

Read Torn asunder

This was it. After many pleas, they still did not listen. This choice tears me apart: should I leave my own blood, or join my kin overseas? I feel the pull, but what about Galador and Gilmith? How will they react to my departure?

My love, he understands, even more so: it was his idea that I should leave. Reasoning that I did not deserve the cruelty to watch them die, knowing that it is my greatest fear after loosing my mistress. Who could heal my heart after they would wither and pass away? The grief would be too hard for me to shoulder for generations to come.

My true love is here, fast asleep, but my calling is overseas. This truth is tearing my heart apart and becomes real when he murmurs soft words, whispers I heard so often lulled in my ear. Once more, I drink in the very sight of him and turn around. On my way out, I stop to see my children sleeping, so young compared to my age. I know that if I touch them, I shall never leave. Steeling my will and back, I step into the empty night to sail to Valinor.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hm, not a character written much about. Very interesting, very sad, I liked this little tale very much. I find it most curious that she left while the children were so young...I would have thought she'd have waited until they were older.

I don't know why I never saw this before. I have thought about the question and wanted to decide upon an answer for myself. This is an interesting and convincing solution. (I might have missed it because it was a stand-alone drabble. I tend to go for longer stories or related drabbles.) Anyway, so glad I found it. Gave me something to think about.