Spaces in the Heart by Keiliss

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 Glorfindel's first meeting with Idril's grandson.

MEFA 2008  Races: Elves: House of Elrond: Third Place

 

Major Characters: Elrond, Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Akallabêth in August

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 616
Posted on 20 July 2007 Updated on 20 July 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love this! It's written beautifully, and all the dialogue sounds so poetic. I especially love the ending, for all the history it references, and for the hopeful note it leaves off with. All the parts about Idril and Glorfindel being friends made me smile, too.

"However the king, as was his habit, offered an unexpected solution to the request."

I liked that line especially. So much characterization in just a few words...I like what it says about Gil-galad and his style of rulership.

Great story! 

I just checked - I posted this fic around 10 years ago, and it is still one of my heart's favourites, even after all the fiction that's come after it, some of which is far better written ... this comment is like receiving praise for a favourite child. Thank you  so very much :) 

And yes, that's a pretty fair summary of how I see Gil-galad. I'm glad it spoke to you.