Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It may or may not look like I'm stalking you - LOL! I was browsing SWG again, and once more, a story of yours caught my eye. (I'm probably going to go devour the rest, now!)

But anyway, this was a great read. Very thoughtful, as well, of how it might have been like for a wary Gondolin refugee to dwell in a strange new place amongst strange new people. The flirtatious interlude between Meleth and Cirdan was unexpected, but made me giggle so much. I loved the cameos by Tuor, Idril and Earendil, and you gave such depth to Meleth's character in this short piece - I might have to come back an study when I'm racking my head over that 'show-don't-tell' thing. And it's lovely to see Cirdan get some lovin' as well. Great stuff!

Once again apologies for the late reply. Thank you for the lovely feedback!

 

I like trying to explore characterssometimes, that are mostly forgotten about because they play such a small part in the Silmarillion. And the idea of a young Cirdan appealed to me as well, still does (I posted a set-later inofficial sequel to this just today i you are interested called Sunset) and he is an elf I keep returning to on a lot of levels in my writing.