Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


As someone who relishes connections made from the icons of The Silmarillion to those of our contemporary world, I really liked this series a great deal.  You've executed a number of excellent turns of phrases - I'm especially taken with these two:

Duty lay heavily on me and his gaze - unrelenting, steadfast, and determined – there would not discharge from it. (captures both Maglor's sense of duty and Fëanor's compelling determination)

Sometimes I still hear the crashing of sword upon armour, the roaring sounds of creatures and dangerous fires scorching my neck. (vivid!)

Finally, the litany of "None will/shall understand..." beats like the drums of war.

 Well done, Rhapsy!

Very nicely done.  You’ve really gotten Maglor’s character down very well; he says “none shall understand,” but you, at least, seem to.  And the repetition of that particular phrase was very good.

“Duty lay heavily on me and his gaze - unrelenting, steadfast, and determined – there would not discharge from it.”  Fëanor is difficult to write about, but you’ve really captured the essence of his relationship with his sons/followers; if you are with him, you’ve got to be with him all the way.

The entire piece is stated very elegantly, and very... very Maglor.  And for that, I respect you immensely.