Happiness by Angelica

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Spring and Summer; Love and Laughter

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2MeM day 3.

I'm at the other end of the continent where summer has been deadly. A storm last Sunday was one of the happiest moments in the week.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: B2MeM 2009

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 101
Posted on 3 March 2009 Updated on 3 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Most of them had forgotten or had never known what it was like in Valinor, where the weather was always mild and warm, the rains neither scarce nor excessive, the wind a breeze to blow the hair. But here, the parched lands, the dry river beds, the dying animals, constantly reminded them of yet another aspect of Arda Marred.

        Suddenly, clouds, a gust of wind, the rumble of thunder beyond the horizon, the pungent smell of wet soil and finally, finally the rain. All of them celebrated, Sindar and Noldor together for once. Maybe Eru had not completely forsaken them.

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


o/ What a fabulous drabble, I love how you took your current world (down under right) and described it from the Middle-earth view. The longing for the rain, the determination to overcome this bit of summer and then the long awaited release with rain... happiness indeed!