Threat by firstamazon

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Double-drabble written for the instadrabbling session on the SWG Discord server with the prompts: children, unlikely, discovering, weird.

This counts 200 words in Word.

Major Characters: Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Erestor, Glorfindel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General, Mystery

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 202
Posted on 21 May 2021 Updated on 21 May 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Threat

Read Threat

His gardens were unusually quiet. They echoed no more with the sound of children, and only the faint whisper of the winter wind spoke to him of promises and hope. Spring would come, the trees told him, we will bloom anew. So he waited and wandered around the garden until a harsh sound caught his attention.

Erestor’s steps were loud in the quiet of the night, and he wore only his nightgown. His bright eyes were unlikely wide, and he was breathless. 

“My lord, you have to come.”

“What is it?” Elrond felt his brows furrowing with anticipated worry.

“Elrohir and Elladan are back.”

Their robes swished past them as they rushed to the main yard, where the twins spoke in hushed voices to their captains.

“Ada,” Elladan raised his eyes up to him. “We have found a new goblin cave.”

“The biggest one yet,” Elrohir completed. 

“Discovering this many dens greatly disturbs me,” Glorfindel said with troubled eyes. “I see something…”

Elrond watched him closely as his captain’s eyes unfocused with foreshadowing. After he had been returned, Glorfindel’s powers seemed to have gained on strength. 

“What?” Erestor asked impatiently. He deemed Glorfindel’s ability weird and uncanny.

“Death.”
 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.