Middle-earth Olympics Team Sign-Ups Open

Middle-earth Olympics challenge banner with Olympic rings

Quick Links: Register a Team | Team List


The Summer Olympics … a time when the world unites to cheer on their favorite teams in popular sports while pretending to understand the finer points of the more obscure events. Sports and games were likewise a part of the legendarium, whether the Galadriel's prowess as a swimmer, undertaken in Arda's salad days, or Maedhros's single-handed fencing skills and similar militaristic exercises from Middle-earth's darker eras.

This month, in honor of the 20201 Summer Olympics and sport in Middle-earth, we present our own Olympic games! This month will feature a series of prompts that can be done as an individual or a team. Want to join a team? Sign-ups are open to set up a national team for your favorite group of characters from the legendarium!

Right now, registration is open for national teams. If you'd like to register a team, check out the Middle-earth Olympics guidelines and register your team for Middle-earth Olympics. If you'd like to join a team, see the team list and contact the team captain or the mods to join. If you want to participate individually, you don't need to do anything at all yet--just create something for one or more of the challenge prompts when they open on July 15!

Important Dates

July 11: Last day to create a team
July 12: Open sign-ups for teams begin
July 15: Challenge prompts posted
July 16: Last day to join a team
July 17, time TBD: Opening Ceremony on Discord
August 10: Last day for challenge entries
August 15, time TBD: Medal and Closing Ceremonies

See the Middle-earth Olympics challenge page for full details on how to get involved, either with a team as an individual participant.

In order to receive a stamp for your fanwork, your response must be posted to the archive on or before 10 August 2021. For complete challenge guidelines, see the Challenges page on our website.


Posted on 2 July 2021 (updated 11 July 2021) by Dawn Felagund