For Love or Money by Lady MSM

| | |

I Bring Things to a Conclusion


<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Epilogue: I Bring Things to a Conclusion

 

            It’s been six months since I got back to my city-boy life.

            I’m not going to say everything’s completely different because it’s not. My brothers are still spoiled. Indis is still bossy and overly sensitive. Father’s still a pushover and I’m still not particularly modest. And my city friends still aren’t exactly mature.

            But other than that—yes, everything is completely different.

            Nerdanel and I are getting married in the fall, on the anniversary of the day I first showed up in Fana’s Crossing (that was her idea). In the meantime, she’s splitting her time between living with her parents and staying with my family in the city while studying. Don’t worry; we’re being good. Mostly.

            I still visit Fana’s Crossing now and again. Everyone there is glad to see me, even Ward Two (they did eventually forgive us for destroying their cart and now are concentrating even harder on beating us this year). Mahtan and I talk about work, and Harma and Regiel still compete to see who’s the better cook. Bril—well, he’s still giving me some dirty looks, but it’s nothing I can’t handle. I’m sure he’ll get a girl of his own eventually. He’s got a good job, and besides, he can hold his breath underwater for a full minute. What girl wouldn’t want him?

            It took some time for my city friends to get used to Nerdanel, but I made them promise not to comment on her hair or her accent and now they get along fine. My friends are mostly just shocked that I’m getting married so young. Ambarhil told me I’d have to stop running around and flirting with other girls. I said, “Why should I care?”

            What else has changed? Mostly small things, I suppose. I still occasionally say “aye” and “come off it,” and people in Fana’s Crossing now use the word “frenemies” with almost alarming frequency. Oh, and Ambarhil and Randir both have their hair cut like mine now. I was right; it did become the new fashion. So all in all, things are going fairly well.

            Anyway, I have to get going. Nerdanel just arrived, and we have to go over the plans for the house Father’s giving us as a wedding present. I can tell you this: it had better have a proper workshop for Nerdanel. No wife of mine is going to have to work in a cellar.


Chapter End Notes

Nice short epilogue, eh? Hope you liked this. See you next time.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment