Sparks by Independence1776

| | |

The Unwilling

An Avarin tribe sails to Valinor. Rated General.

There is an oblique reference in here to something Maglor mentioned in Chapter 7 of RAFA.

Many thanks to Elleth for the beta. This was written using the first and third "A" prompts for B2MeM 2013.


Elrond looked up from the novel he'd curled up with in his private library when Elladan entered, spotted him in the window seat, and said, “Have you heard the news?”

Elrond raised an eyebrow. “Which news? That Legolas and some of his people from Ithilien have decided to settle nearby? That Elrohir and Erestor are arguing again? That Lennel is pregnant with twins?”

Elladan shook his head. “An Avarin tribe landed in Avathar.”

Elrond nearly dropped his book. He sat up, placed a leather bookmark in the novel, and put it on the cushion next to him. “Why?”

“From what I've heard, they no longer feel safe in their own lands. Men have intruded too much into their territory, and rather than simply live in wary coexistence, they are now actively hostile. The clan claims they can no longer do the work they need to on Middle-earth. So they traveled here.”

“You haven't talked to them?”

Elladan said with a wry smile, “They refuse to talk to the Noldor. After all, their king is the half-uncle of the Kinslayer.”

“Ah.” Elrond rubbed his forehead. “Then we must wait to see how the rest of Aman responds, and if we will ever be able to ourselves. I doubt they will be the only Avarin tribe to sail.”


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment