Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Heh. It was gathering dust in my fic folder (as so many of my 2012 B2MeM fics still do!), but it came up in a discussion of WiPs recently, so I thought I might as well try and finish it. Findekániel is definitely very valiant, and given her personality I don't think she could act as herself and not be somewhat of a revolutionary. Not that she minds challenging ideas, really, but I do think Findekáno would come across as less rebellious mostly because everyone already expects him to be from the text. Anyway, thank you so much for the review! :)

Thanks, Oshun! It was a fun exercise to preserve their characters enough to still make them recognizable in their new roles - as I said to Himring below, I don't think their personalities are very different at all (at least I didn't consciously write them that way), but the way the are socialized and expected to act is, and that is causing a lot of the difference.

Well, that is nice, isn't it? I was trying to explain my thoughts behind the way I was writing them (as few thoughts I had in that direction in the first place)... any similarities in their personalities beyond that are down to their general characterizations as I understand them, and it doesn't matter much if they are Maitimë and Findekániel or Maitimo and Findekáno.