Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Tehta has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


He will regret the lost appreciation for his work (and I am sure you are right anything to boost morale on the way to Sirion would be welcome!), but I am sure he will also regret the hours he might have spent with friends and didn't, not realizing he would not be able to catch up, at least not for a long time...

Oh gosh! These lamps of many colours look so absolutely beautiful in my mind from your description. (And indeed, ever since I first saw a real rainbow, I've always been baffled by how people define an edge to the colours that are an infinite continuum! I used to think it was just me that was stupid about this.)

And... phew, it's so hard to judge where time is best spent. Maybe, in hindsight, he would have preferred to have that time with his friends in their beloved city, yet also time spent in creation (even when it frustrates the heck out of us!) is never a waste, imo.

A lovely piece, thank you.