Stupid Stories for Irreverent Elves by darthfingon

| | |

Maedhros' Crown

Maedhros, Maglor, FA 2


"It would be the right thing to do. I mean, we are dispossessed, after all, and have probably lost most of our credibility..."

Maedhros sighed. Maglor was right. "I know. And why do I need to be king anyway? Kings have too much responsibility. People would expect me to do stuff. I don't need that kind of stress."

"That's very true," Maglor agreed. "It's up to you to keep order, make the laws, govern the people... All important decisions would fall on your shoulders."

"Too much work."

"Way too much work."

"Less time for getting drunk."

"Kings can't be drunk all the time. They just can't."

Nodding, Maedhros stood, and ran his thumbs over the crown in his hand before putting it on his head. "Also, the crown is heavy. I'm sure it would give me a headache after wearing it all day."

"Very true, very true," Maglor sighed. "Only..."

"Only what?"

"It's just... " And Maglor stood up, staring thoughtfully at his brother's forehead. "It's just that the silver of the crown looks so nice against your hair, and compliments your outfit beautifully. It really brings the whole look together."

Maedhros blinked. "Really?" He turned and walked over to the mirror, posing one way and the other to get a good look at himself. Maglor was right. The crown really did add a certain something extra.

"You're right," he said. "And nuts to those other jerks. I'm keeping it."


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment