B2ME Day 16 - Ghosts by Erulisse

Fanwork Information

Summary:

B2ME Day 16 - "A gentle breeze brushes the hilltop, combing the ruins..."  Arafinwe returns to a place of great sorrow.  

Major Characters: Finarfin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 158
Posted on 17 March 2011 Updated on 17 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

 

 

Visiting Ghosts

 

 

Ordering his escort to remain at the markers, he rode alone into the deserted courtyard.  Dismounting slowly, he scanned the scene in front of him: the broken doors set askew, the piles of leaves in the corners, the webs over the masonry, the broken well casing.  His heart suddenly constricted in his chest and he fell to his knees in pain and sorrow. 

“Oh Atar,” he whispered.  “I miss your wisdom, I miss your guidance, but most of all I miss your love so much.” And his tears fell onto the pavement below him.  He rose stiffly to his feet and entered the building. 

After a long time, he exited the ruined doorway of what had become the fulcrum for the division of the Noldor and remounted his horse.  And as he rode away from Formenos over the hilltop, a gentle breeze of farewell caressed the face of the Noldorin King.  

 


Chapter End Notes

Do you like this?  Do you hate this?  Please read and review.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.