Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I think that it is difficult for any refugee - back in their times, and in our current times.  My parents were refugees, and they remembered how incredibly difficult it was to build a life from next to nothing until the day they died.  I feel for the situation of anyone who no longer has a place to call home, but instead must wander to find a place of safety.  

Thank you for reading and reviewing, I appreciate it VERY much.  

- Erulisse (one L)

 

I do like this. It isn't absolutely necessary to know to appreciate the story, of course, but you don't explain how Calimwe came to take the decision to join Thingol in Menegroth when most of Denethor's people seem to have chosen Ossiriand instead. Did he do so after Denethor's death in battle?

I'm not really sure, Calimwe didn't tell me.  But in Doriath he ended up, and in Doriath he had an opportunity to be part of history - not a celebrated history, rather a bloody one, but history nonetheless.  Thank you so much for reading and reviewing.  I appreciate it VERY much. 

- Erulisse (one L)

 

It's very difficult to be a refugee.  I come from a family of refugees and the horror stories were very much there in the background.  I am glad that my character worked for you.  Thanks for reading and reviewing - answering your reviews is most certainly better than putting clean sheets on my bed :-)

- Erulisse (one L)