Chocolate by alquawende

| | |

Chapter 1

 

A/N: Not as fluffy as you might think.

 


Chocolate 

By Alquawende

 

"Try this, Andreth." Aegnor broke a piece of the brown bar and set it in the palm of her hand.

She took the offered piece and popped it in her mouth. The smile she gave, after finishing it, reminded him of his first time eating it.

His grandmother Indis had introduced the sweet to the Noldorin court and from then on, all the Noldor had acquired a taste for it. It was first eaten at the wedding of his grandmother and grandfather Finwë. It happened to also have been one of the few inventions by the Vanyar, that became popular. His mother, however, was one of the few people who disliked this sweet. But that may have been because she was Teler.

"So, is it acceptable to your standards, my lady?" he asked, bowing flamboyantly before her.

She laughed. "It is beyond comparison, my lord."

Aegnor looked at her intently. She blushed and turned to face the lake.

He glanced at the lake's surface. "Andreth," he said. "Look! Is that not a star caught in your hair?"

She tilted her head slightly in his direction, gazing all the while at her reflection. A smile crept upon her face, framed with shadowy tresses.

He took her nearest hand, held it up and met her eyes, as soon as his hand touched hers. "Your reflection makes you like one of the maidens of my people, Andreth."

She didn't answer. Her eyes moved away and avoided his.

This was not what Aegnor had expected.

 

~O~O~O~

 

Findaráto sighed. Story-telling was hard work, especially with someone like Amarië, who devoured his stories of Endor. "Thus ends the doomed-love of passionate Aegnor and fair Andreth."

"But it is still so very sad," cried Amarië. "Even worse that I remember Aikanáro, who had always been so optimistic about things."

"Are you sure you're not confusing my unfortunate brother with me?" he replied, his eyebrows raised and eyes twinkled.

She grinned. Fallen tears glistened on her sun-tanned cheeks. Findaráto moved his face near hers and met her lips lightly with his, then rose from the couch and left. Telling Amarië this story had been painful, especially since he knew that if it was not for him; Aikanáro might very well have gone ahead and wed his beloved, against his better judgement even.

"Where are you going?" asked Amarië.

"To toss our chocolate store to oblivion."

 

 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment