Walking On the Dark Side by Erulisse

| | |

Chapter 6 - Captured Light


Captured Light

Captured Light

 

 

He remembered sitting at the feet of the Eternal Flame, attempting to capture its Light within his own discordant Song.  Unsuccessful, he entered Eä, searching endlessly for a replacement, a light that would be able to illuminate the darkest corners of his soul. 

 

Pursuing that quest, the Lamps and the Trees fell victim.  Nothing could be allowed to stand in his way. 

 

Now, holding the Silmarils in his hand a look of rapture stole across his face.  He stood in the ruined doorway of Formenos and turned his attention to Ennor.  Once again Light would be his in darkest Angband. 

 

* * * * *

 

 

A/N  I should mention here that in my viewpoint Melkor has always desired the Light and had shards of the Lamps in his rooms at Utumno, therefore he already had Light in his previous personal environment (thus 'Once again Light would be his in darkest Angband'). 

 

See my B2ME Day 6 - “Light” http://efiction.esteliel.de/viewstory.php?sid=163.  (This was a very early story of mine and I apologize for the poor writing, but the storyline is consistent this drabble’s theme.) 

 


Chapter End Notes

Reviews are always appreciated.  


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment