50 Prompts: AU Silmarillion by Urloth

| | |

Prompt: Reign (Maedhros, Melkor, Sauron)

Warnings: Violence and Death

Prompt: Reign

Summary: The Dark Lord is Dead, Long Live the New Dark Lord.


He stands before them, and they grovel as they should. The floor is wet with the blood of a Valar, Morgoth a twisted wreck before him.

He turns and swings Grond, and Sauron falls again. Down comes the hammer again. Sauron, snivelling and pathetic, missing his lower jaw from the first blow, becomes nothing more than a smear across the steps.

He walks up those steps, when the killing is done, and towards the throne there with Melkor’s corpse slumped beside.

There is a great dark helm, knocked from Morgoth’s head, set with three bright stones which are his now. He takes it, and places it upon his head; upon the hair shorn short and matted with orc-dung, orc-semen, and more recently their blood.

The light shines down upon them, burns them, and they flatten themselves to the unforgiving, filthy stone, as though they were less than that blood drenched granite.

“Lower,” he orders, and laughs as they try to burrow into the ground, ripping at their claws and bruising their hideous faces.

He laughs, and for the first time in five years Maedhros Feanorion feels satisfaction.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment