Spirit of Fire by Caunedhiel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

An insight into one doomed and forsaken in the void.

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 237
Posted on 1 January 2014 Updated on 1 January 2014

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Written for fun not for prophit. 

 

I hope you enjoy, ive not written anything for a long time

Read Chapter 1

       

 

 

Spirit of fire. My father named me well, and I am truly nothing now but a naked flame, burning hot and bright against the torment of the void. It is not as empty at the Valar would have you believe, dark spirits dwell here that would devour and make you nothing but the memory of pain and guilt and fear, they thrive on it. I stand strong, defiant, in the black abyss that surrounds me. Suffocating...

 

I rage against my imprisonment and am forced to watch the fate of my sons and that of my people. I have no other choice, you have no eyes to close when you are dead. This I will never forgive nor will I forget. My soul weeps for my sons, only two now among the living. So lonely they are, I have tried to reach out beyond the void for them. My greatest regret.

 

I would laugh if I could at any who still believe they can find mercy from the Valar, those creatures of cold stone. What do they know of your life and your sorrows? How can they understand?

 

I feel the spirits of my dead sons beside me, all cast out to share my fate until the end of Arda. And now I wait for my vengeance, for it will come and it will not just be for Morgoth...


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.