Speak No Evil by grey_gazania

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros teaches Elrond and Elros the language of the orcs.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 486
Posted on 20 February 2018 Updated on 20 February 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Maglor is such a mother hen in this. But I can understand why. Its his chance at redemption, righting the wrongs, and not only does he love the twins but they probably remind him of his younger brothers. And so its also a chance to be that protective big brother and parental figure again that he so misses.

Ah! Maedhros! Such a dauntless soul. Delving back into all that pain and terror of Angband so he can teach black speech to Elrond and Elros. Not that it ever left, mind you.

A bit of a heartbreaking look at where the two remaining sons of Feanor are, after the Havens.

Thank you for sharing.

Well written and I think it is a very strong idea to base a story on!

Clearly, knowing Orcish speech would confer a tactical advantage and it is likely that did Maedhros did learn it, but passing that knowledge on would always be a fraught and loaded affair and in the case of Elrond and Elros even more so.

At first Maedhros comes across as very pragmatic and Maglor as being over-anxious, but by the end you have sort of turned the tables on Maedhros and they have almost switched roles, haven't they?

It is also a very Tolkien-ish angle how the crisis is precipitated by etymology!