Be Good and Be Warned by mangacrack

| | |

Hell hath no Fury


Thingol was pleasantly surprised, when he his old friend Finwe stumbled into his forest. His hair was in disarray, all braids undone and his gaze step hurried.

"Brother", Thingol greeted him. "I never expected to see you again. Lets hold a feast, while you tell us, what brings you here."

But Finwe shook his head instead. He clutched to his friend and pleaded: "No. Shelter me and tell no one I'm here."

"Of course", Thingol said, now worried what could have caused such panic. "But what danger do you fear? I thought you safe beyond the sea."

Finwe's mouth escaped a strangled gasp.

"No, definitely no." He said: "I'm not safe. I will never be safe again. No doubt I lost even the crown by now. Only due to my long friendship with Olwe, I was able to acquire a boat. I escaped with a by a hair's breadth."

"You are being hunted? Do I need to alert the guards?", Thingol wanted to know, worried for his kingdom.

Finwe nodded, while he was looking around, not believing this line of defense would last long.

"I have made a mistake", he admitted. "I married. Twice. Now they have released my first wife from the Halls and in her ire she has united my entire house against me. While I'm pleased to see my sons finally getting along, I'm not fond of being questioned for my parenting."

With these words Finwe vanished deeper into the forest, intending to go further east. Thingol he left behind, under the false impression the House of Finwe would end with a few sons. When the Noldor finally arrived, Thingol swallowed at the sheer amount of wives, siblings and grandchildren, who had invaded his his home, asking for directions.

Luthien's unholy leering at the living exhibition of fine men escaped him.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment