Luthien's spell by Dilly

Fanwork Information

Summary:

It was notorious, in Doriath, that Lúthien’s beauty was so powerful than her charms were able to cross the usual lines... Drabble.

Major Characters: Lúthien Tinúviel, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: International Day of Femslash

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 228
Posted on 21 July 2014 Updated on 21 July 2014

This fanwork is complete.

Luthien's spell

Written for the International Day of Femslash and the Tolkien Femslash Week.

Read Luthien's spell

 

 

It was notorious, in Doriath, that Lúthien’s beauty was so powerful than her charms were able to cross the usual lines, and touch not only the men, but also the women.

Musicians and singers dedicated their music to her. Embroiderers devoted months to the making of dresses in which they strove to surpass their talent. Respectable ladies couldn’t eat for weeks, after having met her beautiful gaze. Huntresses and members of the guard accomplished the most wonderful feats, in order to honor their Princess.

Who could have thought the beauty of a maid would contribute so much to the artistic and martial development of a kingdom ?

 


 

(version française)

 

Il était notoire, en Doriath, que la beauté de Lúthien était si grande que son charme était capable de traverser les frontières habituelles, pour toucher non seulement les hommes, mais aussi les femmes.

Des musiciennes et des chanteuses lui dédiaient leur musique. Des brodeuses se dévouaient des mois durant à la réalisation de robes dans lesquelles elles cherchaient à surpasser leur talent.
Des dames respectables restaient des semaines sans manger, après avoir croisé un seul de ses regards.
Des chasseresses et membres des gardes accomplissaient les plus fabuleux exploits, pour faire honneur à leur Princesse.

Qui aurait pu croire que la beauté d’une femme contribuerait ainsi à l’essor artistique et guerrier d’une nation ?

 

 


Chapter End Notes

Thanks to Tehta for the spell check. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.