Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you! Your reviews always delight me :) Ilsë pops up in the background of a few more of my fics, and once I get around to them, she would be a key POV for fics focused on the War of Wrath and especially the sundering of the Lindar into the Eglath and Falmari, aka the most drastic and impactful brother fight in Middle-earth, that of Elmo and Olwë. The lisitng of her dead was the inspiration for this, and I had to limit and organize the names.

Ah, checking now I remember I did read that essay a long time ago and pleased it aligned with my own thoughts. 

This story is really salty sad, playing with the possibilities within the canon,  painting some leaves not finished but only implied by our master.

Even if the Falmari won ' t join the fight, there are essentally for the whole campaign, without them there would be no army in Beleriand, and you pay tribute to this by making Ilse the leader during the journey...

Oh yes! Elwing and her pleas to the Falmari were just as vital, I believe (and the text I think implies), as Eärendil's plea to the Valar. And that the Falmari ships were doing more than just shipping over the initial troops of Army of the Valar.

And I wish we had the canon names for Olwë's sons and their families and if, as I've postulated, Elmo's other children and family. That's what invention's for :)