In the Bitter Rain by Zdenka

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2018 prompts: “... a marching music began like solemn drums, and above the rolling beats and booms there welled voices singing high and strong.” (The Two Towers, “Treebeard”) and the Musical Terms Bingo Card, for the square fuoco (fire; con fuoco: with fire, in a fiery manner).

Also written for the femslashficlets Language of Flowers prompt table challenge: sunflower, meaning “loyalty and strong bonds between two people” and “nourishing yourself and others”.

I wrote an earlier ficlet about these characters, Because My Land is Fair, that shows them in a happier time.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The last stand of the Entwives and the burning of the Brown Lands.

Major Characters: Ents

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges: B2MeM 2018

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 29 March 2018 Updated on 29 March 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ah, the poor lost Entwives and the bare Brown Lands! One of the great tragedies in the margins of the bigger story.

I too hold out hope that even just a few of them survived, and had something to do with the good fortunes of the Shire--which, as Treebeard says, they clearly would have loved. Though how, I can't guess!

I like the notion of the two Entwives' bond . . . there is so much that can be read into the idea of the Ents as a people where the two genders go their seperate ways . . .