A small oasis of love by anriondrakonion

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Daeron reflects. 

Maglor sleeps. 

Major Characters: Daeron, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 280
Posted on 21 March 2019 Updated on 21 March 2019

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Chapter 1

This ties in with 'Forest on a cliffside', but can be read alone. 

Read Chapter 1

I prop myself up on one elbow and watch Maglor's dark lashes fan against his cheek. It is a strange thing, our love. I, a Sindar, of Doriath no less, and he, a Noldo of Valinor- one of the very Fëanorion that destroyed my home, or so I am told, for I left long before then. But we do not dwell on a past that on one else remembers, for what we have is new and precious and here. Well, not so new, but indeed precious, and very much a love that pays little heed to the past. We know each other's stories, Lúthien the sister of my heart, and Maglor and his brothers and father and mother and cousins. We hold each other when the memories become too strong, too painful. He holds my heart for he is my heart and his presence brightens the world, even after all these years. But we take great care not to live in the past, for if we were to do so, there would be no surer route to misery. We could argue and accuse and reason and try to work out- what were we thinking?- but that would only hurt us, and I have had enough of hurting. 

He shifts, and hair like strands of black silk falls over his face. I reach out, and pull it behind his ear. He is so precious. I could not stand my life without him. The road since our meeting has not been smooth- this is Arda Marred, and no course runs true, not even in Aman. Nonetheless, I do believe that nothing short of Mandos will part us, and maybe not even that.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.