Endless Night by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written For the Silmarillion Writer's Guild February 2020 Crackuary Bingo Challenge. Fill for G-3: Time Loop, and N-5: Characters in a Video Game

Many thanks to Runa and Morgynleri for encouragement and sanity-checking.

On AO3

Fanwork Information

Summary:

It isn't Sims, it's Silms, and it all goes round and round, a loop of effort and agony

Major Characters: Fingon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Crackuary

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 200
Posted on 8 March 2020 Updated on 8 March 2020

This fanwork is complete.

Endless Night

Read Endless Night

Hit the reset button: time stops. The music starts again:

Choose your own adventure, take a different path.
Is this from a save point? Must you start again?
Is it just a game, this? Pixels on a screen?
A game of life and dream and death,
Until you get it right, playing Endless Night.

It isn't Sims, it's Silms, and until, somehow, one (or more, it doesn't have to be just one) of the Feanorians retrieves, wrests, cajoles, otherwise obtains not just one (but one would be a start) but all three of the SIlmarils, it all goes round and round, a loop of effort and agony.

It cannot be impossible. There has to be a way to win. Fingon and Finrod and by now all the cousins and aunts and everyone are invested, caught up in the game that's not a game. If they can solve it, the ones trapped inside the game working with the ones on the outside, then they will all be free: Feanor and sons to live again in hroa, the rest of the family free to pick up the threads of their own lives, woven the stronger with all of them in the weave.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.