The Dark Beneath the Stars by Ithilwen

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The settings and all characters apart from Aurel, Callöté, and Aldwë (who are mine) are gratefully borrowed from the works of J. R. R. Tolkien.

Note: As this story is set in Aman, I've chosen to use the character's Quenya names. The equivalent Sindarin forms may be found in the notes at the end of the story.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor reflect on the events between the Kinslaying at Alqualondë through the Battle under Stars. Violence, disturbing themes.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 5, 212
Posted on 22 May 2009 Updated on 22 May 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


A very interesting study of Maglor's view point! Thank you for posting this.

I liked the way you used the detail of his unborn child to build a reason for his resentment - which later comes back to bite him, of course :(

I'm not sure 'enjoyed' is quite the right word, but it's a gripping story. Very well done!

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked the story.

Maglor's resentment does indeed come back to bite him; and I think knowing he has a child he never saw also give his later fostering of Elrond and Elros some extra poignancy.  I feel sorry for him; he basically ruined his life in a single thoughtless moment (when he swore the Oath).