On The Edge of Angobel by Kaylee Arafinwiel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

for Day 4 of Nancy Stohlman's November 2021, "On the edge of the mining town..."

Thranduil's friend, Tulusson, is an OC of mine and AfricanDaisy's, originally from a mining family in the mountains of Greenwood/Mirkwood.

Sometime after Thranduil sails to Tol Eressea, becoming a prince of Doriath 'Wain, he visits the nearby mining town of Angobel...

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 217
Posted on 8 November 2021 Updated on 8 November 2021

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Thranduil in Angobel

Tulusson is mine and Emma's OC, who he first met as crown prince of Greenwood when visiting a mining town called Mirhabar in Greenwood's northern mountains. Angobel, a mining town on Tol Eressea, originated in Fiondilverse and I have adopted it.

Read Thranduil in Angobel

Sometime after sailing to Tol Eressea with Celeborn - current Lord of Doriath 'Wain - and Elrond's sons, as well as the remnants of the Silvan elves who wished to come

On the edge of the mining town, Thranduil paused. He had come alone - or as alone as a prince might be allowed. Still, his guards knew how to remain invisible.

"May we help you, lord?" The voice was one he recognised. He whirled around, "Tulusson!" Thranduil broke into a broad grin, and the miner grinned back. "I did not look to see you here, friend."

"Ah, well. Eventually we all come here, by ship or by grave." Tulusson shrugged. "So we of Mirhabar had to make our own way. When we came to Tol Eressea and discovered Angobel already established..." He cast the elleth who had joined him as he spoke those words a shy grin. She was clearly Noldorin, but there was a golden light in her otherwise dark hair that hearkened to distant Vanyarin heritage.

"Angobel was originally founded by mûlonedhil, for all they knew before their deaths or escape was toiling in the mines of Gorthaur or his benighted Master," she explained. "But we who have been born here, or those who worked in mining and came from the Hither Lands, have been welcomed." 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.