Incubation


Very beautiful, very powerful! (forgive the somewhat facetious remark but it's the first thing that came to mind!)  This *was* both, though, and such wonderful imagery!  

But I’m a Vala of extremes

Oh isn't *that* the truth!!

I teach you the meaning of change

?

Yoh! Your poem is thought provoking, presenting Melkor here as very yin: calm, quiet, dark, potential — in contrast to his very yang manifestation on Arda. Just like yang refers to the sunny side of the hill and yin is the shady side, with each having their time in the cycles, and neither being constant, instead merging, complementing, flowing through each other as essential parts of the whole...

"You can’t stop the time you’ve created

And time is a spiral, not a line

[...]

I’m searching for a greater light"

Your drawing in itself is very evocative of his emotion, his posture and expression. And I really love the way the he glows in the dark with the light behind and the stars in the distance.

Ooh, nice thought that he is here in his "yin" phase compared to his usual "yang", but indeed, that was something I tried to describe here!

The light and "stars" in the drawing are actually impurities: sunlight caused the light effect on paper as I took a photo of my art, and the stars are loose pastel powder... but I was quite happy with the unintended effect, and did not take another picture!