Trinkets by Independence1776

| | |

Insomniac Maglor in Himring

Written for Himring in the Fandom_stocking 2015. Ficlet. Rated General.


Maglor stared out the window at the stars, the stone sill cold where he leaned on his hands. It was far too late in the night, shading closer to dawn than to sunset, and he could not sleep. Tomorrow would bring yet another council with his brothers on how to best defend their lands and sleep would help him keep his temper when their ideas inevitably clashed.

But no matter how long he’d lay in bed, sleep would not come. Scattered lines of poetry and songs ran through his head in a jumble, some of them his and some not. If only there was a way to make his mind quiet.

A shooting star flashed by in the distance and Maglor stepped away from the window in quiet disgust, letting the heavy drape fall and keep out the cool night air as best as it could. He’d counted dozens of them that night and it had not helped, either. He sank down onto the chair in front of a small desk and lit the candle placed there. If he was going to be awake all night, he may as well review the latest intelligence his captains had gathered for him.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment