Trinkets by Independence1776

| | |

Oromë finds the Quendi

Written for Kaz for Fandom_stocking 2015. Ficlet. Rated General.


“Hush. Do you want Him to hear you?” one of the mothers hiding further in the bushes said in a whisper.

Elenê ignored her and peered through the leaves at the Rider on His horse standing in the midst of their village. The Rider didn’t so much as look in their direction, being much too entranced with the equipment the Quendi had left behind on their flight into edges of the forest. That… was not what she had expected from someone who should have known how they lived, given the numbers who had been taken by Him.

Were the rumors wrong? Was there another Rider, a good one? There was only one way for the Quendi to learn.

She stood up and pushed her way through the bushes, feeling the skirt of her dress sliding through fingers that were slightly too slow to catch her. The Rider looked over at her as she marched up to Him, not letting any fear show on her face or in her body language. Pointing at Him several times, she asked, “Who are you?”

The Rider smiled wider, appearing delighted that one of the Quendi spoke to him. “Arômêz.”


Chapter End Notes

Many thanks to Elleth for help with the names.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment