As Through a Lit Window by Elleth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Wheelrider, who asked for a fic featuring Galadriel and Nimrodel for the 2015 Galentine's Day Exchange.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The story of Galadriel, Nimrodel, and the land that would become Lothlórien.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Galadriel, Mithrellas, Nimrodel, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 202
Posted on 22 February 2015 Updated on 22 February 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is a lovely portrayal of Galadriel's exploration of Lindorinand, which you effectively use to explore her character.   Her increasing unease over the presence(s) in the East feels right, and you build it with each segment as time moves along.  Per usual, you show us a supporting cast with so many intriguing details.  Love that Celebrian sits on the back of a chair, and seeing Nimrodel and Mithrellas (whom we meet again years hence in your other fics - I do love these characters in the Elleth!verse) in a more feral state is such a treat.  Really liked how you imbued them with distrust for Galadriel.  That also feels right for me.  But my favorite bit part?  I think you can guess:  Sefa. :^)

Very well done, Elleth!

(Eeep. I only just saw this review when I got another notification for this fic. Sorry, Pandë, and thank you for reviewing!) 

At any rate, I'm very glad you liked this! I had fun exploring this part of Galadriel's story, even though it's a time period I'm not that familiar with (and Galadriel's myriad story versions didn't help, heh), and that the supporting cast convinced! Nimrodel and her distrust in particular were fun to write, and it felt somewhat inevitable since she's so dubious of the West in the books as well. 

And Sefa - picture me very surprised indeed that a Dwarf of all the people in this fic happens to be your favourite. ;^)