Broken Bond by avi17

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In Aman, Anairë feels the death of her husband.

Major Characters: Anairë, Fëanor, Fingolfin, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 223
Posted on 13 September 2011 Updated on 13 September 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Short experiment with speedwriting- taking an idea and running with it instead of over-thinking and agonizing over every tiny detail and word choice like I usually do (very different experience, but definitely worth a try.) 200-250 words.

I have always been of the opinion that elves can feel the death of their bond-mate/spouse (going with the Laws and Customs bit about bonds and them only having one lover). This was one take on that. (For those who have only read the published Silmarillion, Anairë is the wife of Fingolfin who did not accompany him into exile, and her half-sister in law is of course Nerdanel, the wife of Fëanor.) I am also of the opinion that even though Nerdanel is estranged from Fëanor, at least some part of her still loves him.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


"..my husband has followed his brother one last time, to yet another place I cannot go"

 

Heartrending and so much the way that I also feel that one who is bonded or very close to a loved one who dies in Middle Earth would feel.  And yes, Fingon did indeed follow Feanor in every particular save only his Oath.  I really liked this.  

- Erulisse (one L)