Home in the Highlands by heget

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Drabbles and short stories about the House of Bëor and their elves. Mostly light-hearted addendums to Hold Fast Ere Night Comes and other stories set in Dorthonion before the Dagor Bragollach. 

Major Characters: Aegnor, Andreth, Angrod, Barahir (First Age), Boromir (House of Bëor), Boron, Bregolas, Bregor, Emeldir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General, Humor, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 19, 147
Posted on 19 August 2015 Updated on 10 October 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Angrod and Bregolas in Dorthonion before the Dagor Bragollach.

A 5 sentence tangent to explain one line from the previous drabble.

The decision to relocate to Dorthonion, and a little rebuttal to the issues of Bereg.

Yet another written for last year's Edain Summer event on tumblr.

Anon request - I wish you would write a fic where... "Emeldir fights alongside Barahir."

Andreth reunites with Aegnor.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Okay, now I learned more of you...

Because of fishing mode I suggested you being Scot or Lake District origin... I discovered this sort of fishing visiting the Cairngorms, and it would have fit to the Highlands...

You will guess already my origin, for my somehow abuse of english language...

Though I got used by reading...

Curious about the next chapter...

Sadly I'm almost stereotypically US American (and your english is understandable, don't worry). My grandfather who taught us all fly-fishing and handcrafted such poles was from Swiss and Sweddish immigrant family, not the Scot side - but had moved over the generations from the Midwest/Great Plains to Montana. There's a movie about fly-fishing brothers in Montana called A River Runs Through It that was filmed just downstream of my grandafther's cabin. Glad to know the inspirations match!