Kingfisher in a Cage by heget

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The story of the fifth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

Major Characters: Beren, Edrahil, Finrod Felagund, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 344
Posted on 8 November 2015 Updated on 8 November 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


 Thank you for taking the time to review!

When I started writing Release from Bondage, I had no idea just how much time I would spend in Nargothrond fleshing out this city and its inhabitants, thanks in part to Faron's flashbacks of the city. But it was the impetus to fully realize the ten companions (and give nine of them names). I've a great fondness for 'Lower Deck Episodes' and the chance to see great stories at least briefly through the eyes of spear carriers.

And I didn't realize how much fun I had writing angst ;)

Browsing the various Sindarin dictionaries and lexicons, and heledir was one of the few complete terms (and of a specfic fauna) that also visually worked as a name without need for modifiers.