Her Black Prince Vorandil Aglamir by JT Tomas

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Kyron Tramell is a black high school student waking up everyday in a caged life of cocaine fumes, gunshots and abuse at the hands of thugs and a drug addicted stepfather. Then one day he opens his eyes to a magical reality. Kyron's a changeling, the son of a Noldorin Prince will his heritage & romance save him from the vengeance his heart craves for past bullies?

Major Characters: Aegnor, Dior, Ecthelion of the Fountain, Elu Thingol, Fëanor, Fingolfin, Finrod Felagund, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Experimental, General, Romance, Science Fiction

Challenges: B2MeM 2016, Beyond the Circles of Middle-earth, Canon with a Twist, Circle of Life

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 321
Posted on 9 April 2016 Updated on 9 April 2016

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Chapter 1

Please feel free to leave reviews and share with friends!!

Read Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Pop!

SHATTER!

The gunshot outside made Kyron leap back in surprise, the cereal bowl he was holding in his hand shattered on the tile floor.

"Dang it!" He said and grabbed the broom from behind the refrigerator to sweep up the shards. "Who the heck is shooting at 7 of clock in the morning?" he said. "Jesus aint even up this early!"

Kyron swept up the pieces hastily "I didn't even get to pour the cereal in the bowl." He grumbled. After dumping the shards in the trash can, he tiptoed to the kitchen -cabinet, hoping he could eat at least bowl of cereal before Rashad woke up and cussed him out.

ere a cartoon character kihen wall lik]Maybe I can still make it without him getting-

" Lo and behold! I knew it had to be yo fat ass in here making all that damn noise." A raspy voice croaked that made Kyron's heart stop.

Up.

He turned from the cabinets; Rashad stood at the hallway entrance behind him with a sneer on his lips. He was wearing grey sweatpants, a dirty white tank top and scratching his wrist in a way that showed he smoked more than cigarettes in his free time. Kyron always wondered what his mother saw in him, with his pockmarked brown skin, faded tattoos and long grey speckled dread locks he looked a dying lion.

"What the hell you trying to devour now bitch?" Rashad snapped, "My grocery bill already high enough as it is."

Take some money out of your crack budget and it probably wouldn't be so bad. Kyron thought.

"I just wanted to eat some cereal."

"No, what your fat ass wanted to do was eat all the cereal." Rashad snorted and wiped his nose with a dirty nailed finger," Look here you little bastard, last I check school ain't stop serving breakfast. Maybe if you Wobble yo ugly piggly wiggly ass up there you'd catch it. Now get the hell outta my kitchen!"

"But I woke up late today; breakfast ends at 7:45 and its 7:22, I might not make it in time." Kyron pleaded.

Rashad's sneer widened and he walked towards Kyron. "Well then you wasn't that hungry in the first place huh?" Suddenly He backhand slapped Kyron on the side of the face, so hard that his body hit the kitchen floor.

"Now I'm gonna tell you this one more time get the hell outta my kitchen." Rashad roared. Kyron rubbed the spot on his face where Rashad slapped him, "yes sir. "He stood up slowly and left the kitchen with his head down.

Before walking out the front door, he measured himself on the door-frames edge. When Kyron was younger he had marked the peeling paint with blue marker to track his height. He traced the marks with his fingers and sighed, at sixteen years old he barely cleared 5'2.

My dreams of catching a growth spurt are hopeless. He thought somberly. Kyron's mother had said that before he died, his father was a very tall and beautiful man, with a powerful and sparkling presence. Apparently these were genetic traits that skipped Kyron, because he was far from charismatic, his face, with its telephone-pole lips and sad eyes was the opposite of beautiful ,and as far as size, it looked like he was doomed to be the height of a seventh grader for the rest of his life..

Kyron picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder before opening the door to the cold landscape. It had been going on like this for years, since Rashad moved in with Kyron and Keisha( Kyron's mother), life had been a living hell. He treated Kyron like he was his slave, cussed him out at every chance and beat on Kyron regularly, assaulting him inside and outside the apartment to the amusement of his neighbors. In fits of tears from the purple and red welts on his skin, Kyron would run to his mother and beg her to kick Rashad out.

"Why do you keep making him mad?" Keisha always responded accusingly "If you wouldn't be the problem, then there wouldn't be a problem."

Then she would close her eyes and rub her temples, like she was trying to convince herself of a false truth. "He really does loves you Kyron, he just has a strange way of showing it."

That was always his mom's defense for him, "he loves you he just has a strange way of showing it."

Hell, The Pope himself could come to his mother, look her dead in the face and tell her that she sleeps in the bed every night with a no good, lazy, drugged out, alcoholic lowlife who was just using her to have a roof over his head while he snorted cocaine and got high off of pills, she would still come to his defense.

"Close my door you half retarded bastard!" Rashad yelled from the kitchen, Kyron stepped onto the lightly snowed porch and pulled the door shut. He sighed and raised his head to stare at the white sky above him.

Lord, somehow please let this day to turn out better than it began. But Kyron knew it wouldn't change, his life was trapped in an endless cycle of pain that started at home and finished at the schoolhouse. Yet despite the hopeless vision of the world surrounding him, a change of fate approached that he could never imagine.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY ART! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FAVORITE IF YOU ENJOY!

Chapter 2

Read Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I can't stand him!" Kyron fumed as he walked over broken liquor bottles and crack pipes. They lived in the notorious Charles Vil Housing Projects, nicknamed "Charaq Iraq" for short. Ten horizontal apartment-buildings made of decayed red bricks, covered in snow (it was November) and bullet holes. The projects were under the control of a dangerous street gang called

"CV Murder Mob ". CVM2 was graffiti all across the walls of the apartments.

The majority of the most active members were black teenagers, they sold drugs to dope fiends in the alleyways, committed murders with the machine guns they hid in trash cans and picked on Kyron religiously. The Section 8 program that Kyron and his mother lived on covered most of the expenses for their home and Rashad received a monthly social security check for "disability" that helped pay for groceries. But that still didn't give him the right to disrespect Kyron, or call his mother out her name when his drinking buddies came.

"When his social worker comes over, it's oh my back is so sore, I can barely walk to the store." Kyron mocked in Rashad's raspy voice while he walked through the parking lot , " but when he's got a c rack pipe in his hand whole act goes out the freaking window."

He walked to the street corner of the apartment complex, then turned left at the main boulevard, leaving the landscape of poorly painted homes, and wandering homeless that surrounded Charles Vil Housing projects. Twenty minutes of walking down the road took Kyron to the central sector of his city, a myriad of fast food restaurants, mom & pop shops and of course his high school, the second part of his daily misery.

I already deal with enough BS at home; I don't see why I have to put up with it at school, He thought gloomily as he walked, making sure not to step on the bodies bundled in blankets and cardboards that slept on the pavement.

Every day that Kyron went to lunch he walked the school courtyard like a lonely vagabond, every once in a while lifting his head to look at the groups of kids taking selfies and gossiping about the newest Nicki Minaj song..

Its like I live in a world set aside from theirs.

As Kyron walked the neighborhood started to shift from the small shack-like houses of Westside Portela into four bedroom suburban homes of Central. The city, Portela, MS was a small one, about 70,000 residents at the most, but the lines of social class were very blurred, it was not uncommon to find a rich kid from the affluent eastside visiting the ghetto with a few friends he met from high school.

For it being a relatively small city there actually was a lot of things to do for fun. In the northern part of the city was a large shopping mall that was always packed on weekends, in the wealthy district on the eastside was a long street call Merry Ave that was lined with dozens of bars and nightclubs and in the neighborhood around Kyron's school was a lot of little entertainment and hangout spots, the most popular of them being an old-school style movie theater called "Johnny's". On the theater's walls facing the side walk were tall posters for

all the new movies playing now, and on the right-side of the ticket booth they

still had playing times for Lord of The Rings Return of The King, which over ten years ago had produced there biggest premiere night of a movie ever. Kyron was too young to go see it then, but long after that he had watched reruns of the movie while at his grandmas home with eyes wide as baseballs, his mind finding an odd solace in the bright world of fantasy that opposed his ghetto and lonely reality.

He stopped at the crosswalk in front of a small brightly colored restaurant called Sac's tasty hot dogs that was directly across the street from his high school. He unwillingly drew back into reality from a daydream that involving him flying high over a world of floating cliffs with puffy clouds covering them just before he was about to cross.

Jesse Bethel High School, tan colored buildings, green field's stupid kids and craigslist hired teachers. One thing he could honestly say about the school was there was something, alwayssomething crazy happening that garnered city-wide attention. From the stabbings, shootouts and riots between rival gang members to the cheerleaders getting caught having sex in empty classrooms, or the frequent dope dealer getting caught selling to a philosophy teacher, but other than that, it was as normal as any other school.

Kyron walked in the front building and looked at the wall to his left, A yellow and black jaguar, the school's mascot, was painted above a tall grandfather clock that read 7:45am, breakfast ended at 7:40 am and his first class was at 7:55am.

"I guess it's cool; I don't need a reason to gain any more weight." he joked halfhearted.

From the attendance office on his right a glass door opened and out walked a pretty Mexican girl wearing a pink hoodie and stylish army fatigues. Kyron caught the girls eye and gave a

friendly smile, she rolled her eyes in return and walked past him without saying a word. His eyes followed the girls hips down the hallway where a crowd of Northface coats,

Truk-fit beanies and LRG sweaters herded to class. All of them laughing and gossiping with each other about the videos they had watched before coming to school on Vine and Worldstar Hip Hop. Most were talking about the newest internet prank, a camera phone

video prank of walking up to unwary victims who wore ugly shoes while recording yourself and yelling, "WHAT ARE THOSE!?".

Kyron sighed and turned down the hallway corridor, he tried not to bump into anybody

That might pick on him on. The shiny yellow hallways of the school were covered with old trophy cases and ancient pictures of former athletes and debate teams.

As soon as he was in the main flow of student traffic the assault began. Unidentified hands slapped the side of his head and the back of his neck leaving stinging pains, words like bitch boy, retard and ugly serenaded his ears like obscene musicals from all directions. He just continued walking, shoulders slumped, his head ducked down and gaze focused on the white tile of the hallways while struggling with the urge to cry.

There was a time when he would have attempted to at least look at who was hitting him or try to run away from the torment, but it would be to no avail. The last time he had done that the situation only worsened and ended with a video that went viral around the school of him

Being hit over the head with one of the clocks that hung in the hallway wall. It happened the same day as his birthday actually.

Finally after what felt like an eternity Kyron turned left into the classroom doorway, the insults following close behind him into his geography class. The classroom was decorated with pictures of mountains, continental maps and a timeline of geographic discoveries throughout the years.

Inside the class was almost as loud as outside, with kids chatting, texting and discussing life more interesting than the ones they had in the classroom.

Pretty girls with winter leggings and uggs laughed and flirted with the loud boys wearing snapback fitted caps and diamond studs in their ears, nerds and emos dressed in all black clothing that had bold statements on the front like "murder is natural or Jesus was born out of wedlock " sat in the corner, desk turned to each other trading magic gathering cards. And on the side of the wall close to the windows, were sitting the three guys in the school that Kyron hated more than life itself, two of them the school treated like gods; Devon, Ronnie and Marcus.

Devon, the leader of the clique, was a star footballer/wannabe gangbanger, six foot two, caramel skin complexioned , with a face like a handsome lizard And wavy hair. He loved to start problems and pick on people (particularly Kyron); he was from the infamous Crestside, a Neighborhood on the Northside of city and was part of a younger set of the Crips called Crestside Cutthoats. Their reputation for countless robberies and kidnappings ran citywide. Devon was their most popular member, although more for his football skills rather than his criminal activities.

Ronnie was a dark skinned senior with long dreadlocks and a mouth that almost never closed. He was short, just a little taller than Kyron with almost no athletic or fighting ability, but he did have the knowledge to stick around people who he knew could backup the insults he constantly spewed.

Finally there was the most feared student in the school and maybe the entire city, Marcus, an eighteen year old junior (held back twice) who stood about 6,4, with an oversized fat face, pockmarked forehead ,cold heartless eyes and fat bulging from all sides of his body. He was the lead member of the "CV Murder Mob" of Kyron's neighborhood. The members of his gang did drug business with the Crips of The Crest so naturally he and Devon were pretty close.

What Marcus lacked in good looks and social skills he made up for being feared as the realest member of the CV Murder Mob, God only knew how much blood he shed throughout the city, whether midnight or broad daylight.

All three loved to beat-up Kyron, following him from the classroom all the way to the lunchroom with punches and insults like there was a force field attracting them to him... although truthfully Kyron got that reaction from almost everybody.

When Kyron sat down at his desk in the middle row of the classroom the three boys stopped talking immediately. Grins split their faces in half like Halloween pumpkins.

"Look at this ugly n***a that walked in here ." Ronnie exclaimed with shock, "My n***a, a gopher prolly pull more bitches than you ."

"Bruh, what you wearing?! N***a is that Goodwiil? Devon added, grabbing his sides as he roared with laughter.

"All that sh*t he wearing gonna be red by the time I'm done." Sneered Marcus, he cracked his giant knuckles with anticipation.

Everybody in the classroom laughed at Kyron while the relentless taunting continued. Every time he tried to ignore the teasing, a piece of gum or a paper ball hit him in the side of the head.

"Man, why do I even come to school? "He wondered miserably, because the torment is even worse at home. Rashad laughing with a beer bottle in one hand and a blunt in the other floated in his mind.

Just when he thought he was going to quit school for good and the last insult left Marcus's mouth he heard a cheerful laugh and looked at the classroom door. Nicole, his crush and the most prettiest girls in the school walked in with her two best friends Maria and Sammy.

Maria was a varsity cheerleader with shiny dark hair long tan legs and a beautiful smile who dated Ronnie; she blew a kiss at him when she walked in the classroom that made him stop teasing Kyron for a minute to smile at her. Sammy was a cheerleader too, a dark skinned girl with perfectly shaped lips and a body made of curves to die for, but Kyron only had eyes for Nicole. People always said she looked like a younger version of Jessica Alba. She had a beautiful face, slim body, bright white teeth and her light use of makeup with a faithful daily style of Hollister and Abercrombie along with long flowing brown hair and hazel eyes gave her a natural look that made Kyron's blood rush to all the right and wrong areas. Together they were the stereotypical group of cheerleaders whom all the boys wanted.

The stream of insults stopped long enough for Maria to walk to Ronnie give him a kiss and playfully shove him after he made about her new backpack. Sammy and Nicole, instead of following Maria to the corner of Kyron's antagonists, sat at two desks in the middle row. Nicole recently broke up with Devon and was trying hard to avoid speaking with him.

The rumor was that Devon had secretly cheated on her with one of the senior cheerleaders from their rival high school, Nicole had found out by her cousin who had spotted them together at a Starbucks, took a picture of them and sent it to Nicole. But either way, it didn't stop a stubborn Devon from smiling with that cocky smirk of his and making duckfaces while she ignored him with a stony expression. Nicole set her Hollister backpack on the classroom floor and talked to Sammy with her back towards Devon and his friends.

Just as intuition told Kyron that the jokes were going to begin again Mr. Sagnam walked in the classroom. A tall and stick-figure teacher with broken glasses and a receding hairline (the glasses broken from him being tripped so many times .), he was wearing wrinkled black slacks a white dress shirt and shoes that looked like-

" WHAT ARE THOSE ?!" a boy named Keith yelled from the back, pointing towards the fading loafers on Mr. Sagnams feet. The whole classroom burst into laughter, even Kyron couldn't resist cracking a smile.

"Alright class, that is enough, that is enough," the teacher said in his nasally voice, after setting his briefcase on the desk , drumming his fingers on the desk impatiently. "I've told you all many times, outside of these doors you can be kindergarteners, but inside this classroom you are high school students."

"Then what the hell are you on the outside that you look so f****d up on the inside?" Ronnie

Shot back and laughter ripped through the classroom again.

"ha ha ha, okay class joke time is over, I want silence or the next person that talks is getting sent straight to the office".

The class finally fell silent, Devon threw one last kiss at Nicole, in response she rolled her eyes and tried even harder to ignore him. Devon frowned in frustration and turned to whisper something to Marcus.

While Mr. Sagnam rambled about hidden valleys and longitude measurements, Kyron snuck sideways glances at the curve of Nicole's face, she stared at the chalkboard with her head tilted to the side in boredom. He knew good and well he had no chance of being with her, he was nowhere as good looking as Devon, nor as popular but every time he passed her in the hallway, wrapped lovingly in Devon arms while they were together, staring up at his face with adoration, he could never stop the longing he felt in his heart that plagued his heart and even followed him to the gunshot projects he lived in.

can't even compare to someone like Devon he thought and laid his head down on the desk after peeking one last glance at her green eyes. hell the best I can do for her is teach her who not to hang out with. He turned his thoughts from Nicole and tried to focus on the gibberish written on the chalkboard, who knows? She'll never call me cute but if I focus she might could call me smart.

"Sire" said suddenly a soft voice inside his head.

Kyron laughed to himself silently at the thought, Yeah, like she would ever call me that .

"Sire." The voice repeated again,

Kyron frowned, wait a minute,

"Sire." The voice repeated again.

Kyron raised his head from the desk, the voice wasn't coming from somewhere in the room he looked around at the bored faces staring blankly at the chalkboard, not one person was even leaning in his direction.

Am I tripping right now? He wondered.

"Sire, over here." The voice said again from near the side of the classroom, this time with a little more impatience.

Kyron looked in the direction where he heard the voice and his eyes widened with surprise. On the window-sill , few desks ahead of where Devon sat, stood a little furry creature. He looked like a ferret with white and black fur , tiny horns on his head and wore clothes that looked like they came from an Victorian style consignment shop.

Kyron's mouth dropped open and he looked around, nobody else was seeing this.

He rubbed his eyes before blinking three times and squinting, the little thing was still there, and he was also holding something, a little key in one hand and in the other balancing what looked a diamond egg traced with gold letter

HOUSE OF FINWE

How do I know it says that?

The little creature sat the egg down , found a little hole on its surface and inserted the key. He turned towards Kyron and met his gaze with orb- like blue eyes.

" I have a message to deliver to you."

" A , a message? " Kyron said quietly, scared someone would hear him.

The creature rolled his eyes. "Yes smart one a message."

"From who?" Kyron asked."

The little creature ignored his question and turned the key and the acorn cracked open "My lord has summoned you, it is time for you to come home… bring a change of underwear."

. A silver ball of light, even smaller than the acorn floated from inside the shell. The light expanded and grew brighter while a light tune started to play, a beautiful tune, A sensation of total peace washed over Kyron's body and his shoulders slumped.

Oh my god that is beautiful. He thought. It was like listening to church bells ring in the distance, it's melody cascading over his ears like the current in a waterfall, then the tune amplified and sped up pace, his eyes started drooping as it got louder, The light got brighter and enveloped the whole classroom, then suddenly his classmates, the teacher, all of it vanished from his vision. Kyron's eyes opened wide, he stood up from his desk in shock. Instead of green walls with maps and latitude measurements he was surrounded by a dark blue field as far as the eye could see, gigantic grey clouds soaring around him like wispy grey cruise ships. Kyron turned his head around, there was no student, teacher or desk in sight for miles, not even the one he was just been sitting in.

"Where am I?" He muttered.

Suddenly on the horizon, a silver light shot into the sky, its rays illuminating the dark world around him and falling onto Kyron shoulders. Once the light touched his skin, his body erupted with warmth.

What's going on?! He panicked and felt a strange peeling sensation around his arms.

he looked down at his hands, to his shock the skin on them blew off into Golden wisps and green sparks. He raised both hands to his face, the wisps of magic burning away revealed another pair of ebony hands with long smooth fingers, on his left hand was a glowing golden ring, a single red stone in it's center surrounded by sun rays.

"It's beautiful." He marveled.

"Open yours mi lord." whispered countless tones of remarkable harmony in his ear."

"They are already open."

"Open your eyes again milord ."

Kyron closed his eyes and opened them again, this time his eyesight stretched past the silver light onto a Magnificent city. Its golden walls surrounded obelisk-like towers and high roofed mansions, his eyesight allowing him to even see the sapphire diamonds that made the avenues and streets in between, their cobblestones and pavement blazing with blue fire.

It's beautiful." Kyron marveled, almost to tears at its beauty.

But there was more, in the midst of the sapphire streets was the outline of a man, probably the tallest man he had ever seen in his life walking toward the shores of the metropolis, towards him.He wore a long black coat and awide brimmed travelers hat The man's face was obscured by a light, but on the man's hand shone a single gem with a golden light, a ring, like the one Kyron wore on his new left hand.

"The Court of your ancestors waits," A group of the loveliest voices he ever heard, sang.

"For me?"

" Only you, we are waiting for you" a choir of voices sang from its shores.

Kyron stared at the amazing city, and then felt a longing stronger than any he had ever known build in his heart.

"We have always waited."

"I am coming." Kyron croaked.

"It is time for you to return home, we are waiting for you.."

"I am coming."

"We have been patient for so long please don't make us suffer your absence even longer."

"No! Wait please I am coming!" he yelled and ran towards the beautiful city, I have to ge there Manehre ! ge tthere croaked,o aa

Boom! He collided into the back of the boy sitting in front of him stumbling to the classroom floor in shock.

" What the hell is wrong with you Bruh?!" the boy sitting in front of him roared.

Kyron jumped up with surprise and looked around startled.

"Thomas! " Mr Sagnam snapped. The whole class was looking at him with amused grins on their faces.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY ART! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FAVORITE IF YOU ENJOY!

Chapter 3

Read Chapter 3

"Do you mind explaining the reason for your tasteless humor while I am trying to teach?" Mr. Sagnam said.

"Ummm." Kyron said sheepishly, he really didn't have an answer because even he didn't know what happened.

"Let off him Teach !the n***a was having dream about getting laid." Ronnie yelled from the back of the classroom, "That's as close as he's gonna get to it anyways." He added.

The room shook with laughter from wall to wall . Kyron got up and ran to his seat, if black people could blush, he'd be bright red. He sat at the desk with his head buried in arms, wanting to disappear so bad it was ridiculous.

Dude, I can't believe I just did that , he despaired , you mean to tell me all that was just a dream? The creature, the voices talking to him, was it all fake? Out the corner of his eye He saw Nicole and Samantha looking at him and talking in hushed tones with smiles on their

face.

He groaned. It's bad enough she knows I'm a punk, now she knows I'm a freak too.

Meanwhile, Mr. Sagnam was struggling to calm the class down.

"Alright class, alright, it was funny but not that funny."

" It wasn't that funny because you ain't getting none either!" Ronnie shot back and the classroom

roared with laughter again. After a few minutes the classroom quieted down enough for Mr. Sagnam to continue his lesson, ( it wasn't like anybody was listening before) but for the rest of the period Devon, Marcus and Ronnie sat in the corner staring at Kyron, grinning like kids who just had their first birthday cake. Kyron felt there stares on his back, but all he could think about was the world he had seen.

He peeked from under his elbow at the window sill where he saw the little creature only moments ago, wondering if he would show up again, holding another golden acorn that could take him to the beautiful city.

But by the end of class no matter how many glances he gave to the windowsill the little man would not appear again.

...DINGG! The class bell rung and the first class of the day was finally over with.

Was I just daydreaming? Kyron thought as he rose from his desk and hurriedly stuffed his notebook and geography textbook back in his backpack. I could have sworn I saw that

thing, and the music, it felt so real. But he didn't have much time worry if it was real or not, he was desperately trying to make it out of the door before...

"Ay bruh, I think it's time to collect." Marcus said.

Kyron's blood froze and his heart started beating fast.

"Yeah i think so to, cuz this n***a aint pay in a while. " Devon said slyly.

Kyron turned around and saw that all three boys were spread out in the classroom walking towards him, grinning evilly, cracking knuckles and pulling up their pants like they were about to fight. Devon and his click played this stupid game where they charged kids they didn't like (and rumor had it a few janitors) , a "F**k Ni***a Fee", for going to the same school that they went too, usually about 50$ a week per person. Since Kyron never had any money, he just always got beat up.

"Come on man, you guys know I don't have anything, just let me be." Kyron pleaded with his hands raised in front of him.

"Oh this nigga aint got our dough too?! Oh yeah bruh, I think it is definitely about that time." Marcus replied and cracked his knuckles.

Without a second thought of the dream, Nicole or anything else Kyron slung the backpack over his shoulder and dashed to the door, he got stuck trying to push past the students that instead of moving, blocked his way because they were eager to see a fight.

"I GOT HIM!" BOOM!

Devon slugged Kyron in the left side of his head with a punch, it sent him sprawling to the ground in pain. As soon as his body hit the cold tile, a wild assault of kicks, punches and even textbooks came at him from all angles. He cried in pain and tried to cover his face from the Jordans, Yeezys and Vans covered feet that kicked him .

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY EVER HELP ME? he thought desperately, (note that Sagnam watched the whole thing unfold but just shook his head like he didn't see anything )

Everybody else that was still in the classroom, guffawed with laughter, Some cheering on the fighters, others recording the scene and yelling out " Worldstar!"

After the beating was done the four boys stepped over him (literally, Marcus making sure his heavy timberland crushed his hand) and left the classroom all smiling in pride like they had just won a award.

Miserable and beaten, Kyron rose to his knees grabbed his backpack, brushing the dirt off it before slinging it over his shoulder and walked out of the classroom .What other reaction could he have? The beating he got today was the same one that waited for him on the hour, every hour. He turned to Mr. Sagnam who sat at his desk sorting papers with false interest. "You could have done something, or at least try to act like you cared." Kyron said bitterly and walked out the classroom. When he turned out the classroom he rubbed his left hand, now sore from Marcus boot and felt something metal brush his fingers, his mouth dropped once he looked down.

"That's. . That's impossible! "He stuttered and raised a shaking hand to his face; he was wearing the same ring he had worn in the daydream. The red jewel in the center of the golden band flickered and cast a light to Kyron's eyes. We wait for you sire. The voices he heard in the daydream sung. Our realm has lost its King, till eternity we wait for you.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY ART! PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FAVORITE IF YOU ENJOY!

Chapter 4

Read Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"How in the heck did I get geography and geology in the same semester?" Kyron moaned. He was sitting on a stool at a broad science table, while Mr. Phil, his geology teacher, lectured on.

It had been a three days since he had received the ring. Kyron played with the golden ring on his finger, while the teacher spoke about similarities between salt rock and sand. Three days already passed since he received the ring. He stared it every day, waiting for something remotely magical to happen, but the ring showed no sign of arcane power. No bright cities, no golden acorns, nothing. He walked home every day saying commands to it, rubbing it like a lamp and had even tried looking for a golden acorn outside the classroom window where he saw the little creature, all to no avail.

"I might as well go pawn this thing." Kyron sighed one day, after he picked up his backpack from the boys bathroom. A boy from Marcus's gang stole his backpack while he was in geography class, then threw it into a urinal and peed on it.

Needless to say his bullying problems weren't nearly as absent as the origin of the ring, earlier that day, Devon and a few of the Crestside Cutthoats Members had caught him slipping around the corner from his Algebra class. They dragged him to the school courtyard, where most of the students ate when the weather wasn't crazy cold and tossed him into a nearby trash can filled with rotting food, before walking off campus, knives and black ski masks in hand, to go do their dirty work.

He ended up skipping fifth period class to wash the filth off of his clothes in the boy's bathroom.

"Oh my god." Kyron said, with a wrinkled nose while he scrubbed his hoodie in the bathroom sink. "It smells like ass and black & milds."

He still smelled a little funny and was damp from his shoes all the way to his hoodieplus his lip was still swollen from getting beat up two days ago, it was hard for him to even chew food.

.

I gotta be building up a lot of good karma from all of this. he thought while listening to the teachers lecture. Today he talked about the type of soil that made California's foundation and the reason that the state would collapse into the water blah blah blah.

Kyron turned his head a little to look at Nicole. She happened to have this last period class with him as well and sat in a desk not far from him wearing a red Hollister sweater that complimented her hair perfectly, sneaking text messages under her desk while the teacher was talking.

If only I had a number and if only she knew it. he joked to himself.

"Alright class! right now we are going to pair into groups and discuss the first class project of the year, as you all are aware the project is a cumulative idea of any of the text we have discussed and studied for this semester". Mr. Phil said.

Kyron groaned. He hated doing group projects, he had a history of getting paired with nobody, which meant he had to do twice the workload by himself, he was a nerd but far from a smart one. "Please take ten minutes to find a partner, pair up and discuss what your group project will be on".

"Lord Jesus just let them be nice." He muttered. All the students got up from their desk and looked for partners, mostly for people they were already friends with or at least knew. Not one person even approached his table.

Kyron sighed and leaned back on his stool. It didn't help his self-esteem, knowing that almost everybody knew him but nobody wanted to partner with him. Every year of high school that passed before this one he always kept telling himself the next year will be better, but after three years, he was still alone, still always beaten and laughed at. He laid down every night wondering why he lived, wondering why he had been cursed with a life so plagued by loneliness. Kyron shook his head to the dark thoughts. It is what it is, worst case scenario no one will partner up with me and I can do it by myself with no interruptions, or no-

"Hey aren't you the kid in my first period class, the one who ran into the desk earlier this week?" A cheerful voice said from behind his back he turned around and his brown eyes met with Nicole's green. Kyron's heart sped up, going through beats faster than it did in his last gym class.

"Yeah that would be me. "He said sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"That was so funny; me and my friend thought it was the funniest thing we'd ever seen."

Kyron's ear perked, "really?'

"Yeah, I was dying laughing." She smiled." Have you found a partner for the project yet?"

"Uh no not yet how about you?"

She shook her head and gestured with her hand at the students walking around. "I don't know any of the people here, and I'm kind of nervous of getting put by myself with someone I don't know too well."

"Well I'm not gonna lie to you, I am really great at geology." Kyron said with mock authority.

"Oh are you?" she said a raised a eyebrow skeptically.

" Yep, I've only been lost on the way to school like six times, three of those by GPS so it doesn't count. "

Nicole gave a clear laugh that sounded like music to his ears.

I can't believe it! She's laughing! He thought to himself in glee. Maybe I shouldn't tell her that I really thought I saw something that day in class.

"What does that have to do with geology?" she said with her hands on her hips.

"Oh so you have some doubt of my ability?" he challenged.

"Oh no of course not I believe one hundred percent." she said. "I guess you have a lab partner now."

Kyron turned around on his stool and stuck out a hand. "Let's do it."

She grinned and shook his in return. "Lets, plus I have you in my first period geography class so I'll probably run into you first thing in the morning to compare notes and ideas."

"No you're in my first period geography class! Get it right. " He said with a grin.

She giggled. "Okay I'll remember that."

Mr. Phil stood up from his desk and clapped his hands to get everybody's attention, "Alright students! Ten minutes is up! You should all have partners and if you are one of the unlucky few who don't, then pair up like Nikes and just do it! "A few kids groaned at his lame attempt for humor.

Nicole sat on the empty stool next to his and like the rest of the students began bouncing off ideas for the project.

"A map of the world?" Kyron suggested.

Nicole frowned. "Come on."

"Why not?"

"That's too easy, I could just print a copy from the internet."

"Exactly!" Kyron laughed.

"How about a richter scale instrument? Like the machine they use to measure earthquakes."

Kyron knitted his eyebrows," You must have a budget for this project that I'm not aware of."

"No, but unlike you, I have a good imagination." She teased.

"Why don't we make a volcano?" Kyron suggested.

Nicol frowned, "Come on everybody does volcanoes, we have to do something original, like how about a presentation of different types of rocks from around the world?"

Kyron gave her a blank stare. "A rock collection huh?...but volcanoes aren't original."

She shoved him playfully. "Shut up!"

By the end of the class they had decided on making a recreation of the volcanic destruction of Pompei, Italy.

"It can be like a tall volcano surrounded by little houses and figurines of the people who died during the eruption." Kyron said.

"We can use paper Mache for the shell and probably borrow some paint from the arts clas." Nicole said while scribbling the details in a blue notebook,

"Yeah! I can bring the asbestos from my ceiling and a jar of creamy peanut butter to paint red so it looks like a real volcanic explosion. Yeah! There'll be rocks, lava and a gigantic explosion! It'll be awesome!" Kyron said, his excitement coming more from working with Nicole then the actual project.

Nicole shook her head while staring at Kyron with an amazed grin."Wow, you really love volcanoes huh?"

Kyron made a serious face and deepened his voice "No. of course not !" And then made a coy smile "I like Hollister even more." And ducked a swift punch from Nicole.

"Shut up!"

Thirty minutes earlier they had walked into class without a noun or verb passing between them, forty five minutes after that they walked out talking like old college buddies.

A few students stared curiously at them in the hallway, laughing and holding stomachs at each other's jokes. Kyron knew how crazy they looked side by side, him, with seven-years past out of date clothes and poor disposition. While Nicole, one of the most popular girls in school, stood a few inches taller than him and strutted like one of those models you see on a magazine. But he didn't care, as far as he was concerned this was the happiest moment of his life.

"It was the same with me; I didn't take enough electives last year so they are making me take geography and geology this year. It's a total waste." She said.

"I know." Kyron agreed." I would've preferred Spanish Class."

"Me too! You know my friend Maria? Who sits next to me in geography sometimes, she's taking two Spanish classes for college credit. She's getting A's in both."

Kyron stopped walking and frowned. "But doesn't she speak Spanish already?"

"Exactly!" Nicole laughed. They turned down the hallway leading to the school parking lot, in front of the, marched a line of coat-wrapped students, long scarfs and even one kid with knee high long socks. That's one thing I hate about Portela. Kyron thought. When it get cold it get cold!

"Sooo, what do you most of the time?" He asked. The chance to get to know Nicole had finally came, he'd be damned if he was gonna waste it talking about volcanos and school.

"I don't know, cheerlead, hangout, Netflix, nothing nobody else doesn't do."

"Yeah, Of course, every day I wake up, put on a skirt and pom poms too." Kyron said sarcastically and dodged another shove from Nicole and laughed.

"What about you?'

Kyron shrugged." Eat, sleep, walk to school, sneak episodes of American Horror Story when I can."

" Oh my god I love that show!" Nicole said.

"Really?"

"Yeah I watch it on Netflix all the time! What season are you on?"

They spent the next ten minutes talking about the show, then somehow the conversation went to Supernatural, which to his surprise she liked to.

"I almost cried on that one episode, where his mom appeared as a ghost and saved him from the poltergeist." Nicole reminisced.

" No! Remember the episode where they finally encounter the demon that killed her?"

Kyron was surprised at the ease he had talking with Nicole, he didn't feel nervous or anxious at all, and the entire time they talked she never stopped smiling.

This is going better than I thought.

"You know before we moved to Portela, I used to want to be an actress and play on TV shows like that." Nicole said once they got near the entrance. "My dream was to be on True blood!"

"You couldve chose better show than that."

"You could've chose a better favorite show then Cow and Chicken."

" Don't hate on my taste, I'm just saying if I wanted to be actress I would have chosen something more sensible more fun. Like Pirates of the Caribbean or Titanic."

Nicole stuck out her tongue." NO, I hate Titanic."
"Really? Everybody liked Titanic."

Nicole shook her head "I'm not like everybody."

"Go ahead, be different. That's why everybody hated Chris." Kyron laughed then looked at the ground. That's why everybody hates me.

The school lawn was flaked with snow thanks to early winter. The parking lot was full of parents parked along the sidewalk waiting to pick up their kids, in front of some of the other cars, lounged bearded men surrounded by groups of kids, fascinated by the stories they told. They were post graduates and flunkouts of Jesse Bethel, who hung out and sold drugs to kids while trying to pick up high school girls.

As Kyron walked side by side with Nicole he saw a couple of the kids huddled in a circle around two boys near the school flagpole. They were arguing about something and it looked it was about to come to blows. Kyron recognized the loudest boy in the argument; he was a Crestsider, a lanky Puerto-Rican boy with arm tattoos hidden by a blue sweater. The boy Hiked up his pants and walked around the circle of students clapping loud.

" Crestside on mines nigga! Crestside on mines! BRuh! We can do it right here I don't give a damn!" The boy roared.

The other boy Kyron didn't know but judging from the amount of red he and about twenty others surrounding him wore, he must've been in the Hillside Blood gang. They were from a neighborhood on the Southside of town where an old steam factory had exploded years ago. They were not as deadly CV Murder, but they were a hell of lot more gangster than Crestside.

Before the Crestside boy could get another word out, a Hillside blood hit him with a punch that caught him in the eye, another kicked him in the back and he fell to the ground. The gang of red hoodies and swinging chains mobbed around the fallen boy and stomped him mercilessly. Other students ran to the fight to get a good view.

Kyron shook his head at the scene, maybe he would have felt bad for the kid, if it wasn't for how many times the Crestside Cuthoats had jumped him in the past, throwing him in trash cans and beating him up at stoplights. As far he was concerned, the boy got what he deserved.

"You ever get tired of coming here and seeing people fight all the time?" Nicole said while staring at the scene with disapproval. "I can't understand people who just want to live there life fighting."

Yet, you dated a thug. Kyron thought but decided against saying it. She loved his humor up until this point, might as well not mess it up. "Sometimes, but where I'm from, it's pretty common to see worse than this." The Crestsider was pulled off the ground and slung against the pole, blood leaking from his mouth as the Hillside members worked him, beating his face in with punches from all directions.

Devon and the others must not be back from wherever they went after they attacked me earlier. Kyron noted. Not one person was coming to the Crestside boy's aid.

"Plus, I don't go that many places besides here and home, so I'm kind of used to it." He said.

"Really? Not even the theaters?'

"Naw, not since I was little, well littler." He laughed. A few seconds of a silence passed between them and Kyron decided to suck up his courage and try.

"What are you doing this weekend?" he blurted out, praying he didn't sound as nervous as he felt.

"I don't know, cheer practice and homework, maybe checkout a party but nothing in particular. Why?'

"I don't know, I was thinking maybe we could meet outside of school and hangout sometime?"

To his surprise Nicole said" Yeah that would be great!"

His heart almost fell out of its strings. 'Really?"

" Really, I might go to this party that Maria invited me too, but if not we can definitely meetup! Where do you live at?"

Kyron laughed." Trust me, you don't want to meet where I live at."

"Where at?"

"Westside, in CV projects." He said.

"Oh, you mean where Marcus lives?"

Kyron shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah where Marcus lives." He forgot that her ex-boyfriend was friends with the demon spawn of a boy; odds were Nicole was friends with him too.

As if reading his thoughts, Nicole quickly responded. "Me and Marcus aren't cool, even when I was dating Devon I avoided speaking to him."

"How come?"

Nicole shuddered like she just realized how cold it was outside "Because he gives me the creeps, he just gives off this vibe of being a-"

"A psychopath?" Kyron guessed.

"Yes."

Kyron nodded his head. Ask around the city he gives off more than the vibe.

"Here." Nicole reached in her pocket and pulled out a cherry red iPhone 6. "We should exchange numbers, you know, just in case you want to meet up some time."

"Yeahhhhh, that'd be great, except I don't have a phone." Kyron said.

"Really?!" She said incredulously," How do you live? Everybody has a phone!"

Kyron smiled embarrassingly. "Everybody except me."

Nicole looked down her screen and gasped. "OMG I missed like 12 text messages! " she pulled on a lock of hair sheepishly. "I guess I got too caught up talking to you. "

"It's okay it happens to me all the time." He lied, and then noticed she started frowning as she thumbed through the texts. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head and stuffed the phone back in her pocket "Nothing it's just some idiot, he won't stop texting me. " She said. Kyron had a feeling he knew which idiot that was.

At that moment a silver jaguar, pulled up in the parking lot and honked the horn.

"Oh! That's my mom I have to go, we are going to get our nails done together. "

She spread out her arms to his utter surprise and gave him a hug, as soon as her body made contact with his he felt a warm sensation shoot through his body and he jumped. Nicole stepped back startled and laughed. " What was that? You've never had a hug before?"

"Oh yeah! Plenty of times when I was five years old I used to go to McDonalds a lot and Ronald mcdonald gave me hugs all the time."

She giggled and then met his eyes and stopped, she stared for a few seconds with a curious expression on her face like she was trying to figure something out.

Ohh man please doesn't tell me she just now realized I am ugly. He thought to himself.

Just then her mom honked again.

"You better hurry up so you can go hunt for rocks with your mom." He joked.

She shook her head and grinned " You are too much but I'll see you on Monday bye! " she said with a wave, walked to her mother's car , got in the passenger seat and rode away. Kyron looked at the jaguar speeding away with a gimpy smile

Well, I know what I'm jack off too tonight . he thought, before turning around to walk home.

When Kyron walked past the black tall gates of Charles Vil, the first thing he saw was Marcus. He pulled his hood over his head quickly and pressed against the wall of the nearest apartment . Marcus stood in front of a group of CV Murder members at a table near the courtyard of the apartments. There was a black AK -47 with an extended clip laying on top of the table with two bottles of liquor. Kyron ducked his head down and edged slowly alongside the wall, he couldn't hear Marcus good, but from his wild arm swings, and trigger finger gestures it looked like he was describing a shooting to the table of hooded boys staring up at him with expressions that bordered between fear and awe.

He didn't know if the story Marcus was describing to his friends was past or present, but he did know he didn't wanna be in the next chapter. Marcus was a real manifestation of the cold spirit of Charles Vil. Kyron had seen Marcus rob people, torture people and more than once shoot a man because he would not pay him the tax he charged for selling drugs on his turf. The thing that amazed Kyron the most about Marcus was how out of all the years he had lived in Charles Vil, he had never seen Marcus go to jail, never. It was impossible that the Portela police department didn't know about him, even without an eyewitness, countless stories floated through the city of him doing drivebys, murders and cutting off fingers of rival gang members that didn't respect him but soon learned better.

I just hope they hear about him before he turns that pistol on me. Kyron prayed.

Marcus gripped the air like there was a neck between his fingers and slung the invisible body to the sky. At that moment Kyron dashed for the side of the building in front of him that faced the street, luckily Marcus and his cronies didn't see him, too busy laughing at the criminal scene Marcus reenacted.

When Kyron got to his front door he heard his mom's voice, Rashad's and another voice coming from the inside. He groaned. Rashad finna throw another drinking party again. Then put his hand on the doorknob and paused.Wait a minute,

The voices he heard was his mother's voice, Rashad and another but this other, was different yet

Familiar somehow, like he had heard it before but only from a distance. Then all of the sudden Kyron felt a vibration in his back pocket, where he had put the ring earlier after trying to pray over it. He pulled the golden band out and saw to his shock it was glowing, bright too, just like... then it hit him.

No, it couldn't be.

With a trembling hand he took out his door key and hastily opened the door.

Everybody in the room stopped talking and looked up at him. There were three people in the room, Rashad was sprawled out one side of the couch with a Hennessy bottle in his hand, his mother Keisha was sitting next to him with her arms wrapped around his shoulders and on the other couch sat cross legged, a tall, very tall man with the most beautiful face he had ever seen on a human in his life. He wore a long black peabody coat with a wide brimmed travelers hat on top of his head. His jaw was strong and square yet at the same time soft and youthful looking. his skin snow-white yet radiant and flawess, his sea grey eyes bright and piercing .

"Ooh! Here he is now!" Said his mom, a slim woman with auburn and black micro braids, at thirty seven despite her age and smoking habits, her heart shaped face and pretty smile did well to hide the signs of stress under her eyes. She still wore her blue khakis and white work shirt from the clothing store she worked at.

"Yes he is." Said the mysterious man, a smile widened on his lips.

"Yeah, here the dick dumb idiot now, I personally don't why you came all the way to see his ass-" Rashad snorted,

"Uhhhhh babe!" Keisha interrupted (which shocked Kyron, because she never interrupted Rashad.) "Maybe we should use more respectful language in front of our guest."

Rashad snorted and took another swig of his beer.

"Well I guess I should introduce myself." The man said and stood up from the couch, his head barely missed the ceiling , he had to be at least 7 feet tall, his golden eyes gazed down on Kyron with a tenderness Kyron hadn't see since before his mother dated Rashad,

"Kyron, your name is?" He asked.

"Kyron swallowed . "Yes that's me."

"Nice to meet you Kyron, ." The man extended a long hand which to Kyron's shock had a golden ring, identical to the one he had in his pocket now.

"Kyron," His mom said. "This is your grandfather. "

PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS! THANK YOU

Chapter 5

Read Chapter 5

39 Years Earlier

The ceramic of the plate shattered against wall right next where Keisha's father's head was just. Three seconds.

A few shards fell on his father burgundy polo sweater. He and Alice, Kieshas mother, were standing in their living room. Their raised voices had woke kiesha out her sleep. She snuck down the hallway and watched the argument playout while hiding in the corner of the living room doorway.

"Alicia, you are not listening." Her father pleaded exasperatedly

" No ! No! No! Your not taking my daughter!". Her mother scream. The veins pulsing in her neck and eyes bulging.

" I'm not taking her I'm offering!-!"

"YOUR OFFERING THE CHANCE TO MAKE HER A FUCKING FREAK! LIKE YOU !".Her mother roared, spit flying from her mouth at her father's chest.

Her father flinched at her words. Suddenly his bright grey eyes grew brighter, gigantic frame seemed to rise taller and more intimidating.

"Daddy's going scary. " Kiesha stared fearfully, she had only seen her daddy turn scary and bright one time. When He had took her and mommy to the city Carnaval one night, and after buying her a massive cotton candy cone A Man wearing a cowboy hat with a fat stomach hanging over Levi jeans called him a nigger breeder.

"YOU CANNNOT DENY MY DAUGHTER HER HERITAGE! He shouted. " SHE IS ELDAR JUST AS MUCH AS SHE IS HUMAN!

" SHES NOT A FUCKIN ELDAR! SHES BLACK! AND WHILE SHES MY DAUGHTER SHES GONNA KEEP HER BLACK ASS THE SAME ! " Her mother shouted Back." ARE THERE ANY BLACK People IN AMAN?!"

"No"- her father started .

"NO! EXACLTY SO HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE WONT FACE ERACSM THERE"

Her father's eyes dimmed . " Alicia the ELDAR are not like,&"

"ARENT LIKE WHAT?! LIKE HHUMAN!? YOU PISS FUCK, AND HAVE KIDS SO WHAT YOU THINK THEY CANT JUDGE?!" her mother crossed her arms and sat down on the yellowing couch in the living room. "You are trying to take my daughter away from me… I won't allow it."

"Alicia"

"You think you can just pack up take my daughter and leave me here alone in the ghetto while you and my daughter live forever in paradise " tears formed at her mother's eyes. " You will not leave me here alone."

Her fathers gaze darkened." Alicia she's NOT aving you alone forever"

"YES SHE WILL! WHILE I LIVE MY WHOLE LIFE POOR AS SHIT! STANDING IN FOODSTAMP LINE WHILE SHE FORGETS ABOUT AND FEASTING AND FUCKING FREAKS LIME YOU."

"No I wont mama!". Keisha screamed from the hallway. She stood up from the hallway carpet and ran into the living room, tears streaming from her eyes. The golden fluff cotton bunny her father had made her that said I love you randomly still in er arms.

"Oh baby!" her mother said and hugged her daughter as she ran into her arms. " I thought you were sleep."

Her father snorted." The way you yell I'm sure the neighbors are up cooking cookies too."

"Momma I wont to leave you! I'll stay here ,! I'll be with you forever I promise!" she cried.

"Its okay." Her mother soothed. " Your father is trying to take you from me but it won't happen."

"Alicia.."

" He don't want you to be black, like your mama"

"Alicia! Don't tell her something like-."

"He thinks your ugly, he thinks I'm ugly , but you are beautiful. " her mothers tears flowed. "The only piece of beauty I have. And I will never let you go"

"I wont mama!" Keisha sobbed ." I promise I won't!"

Her father stared silently at his daughter former lover for a moment. " Keisha come here."

Alicia's embrace around her daughter tightened.

" I'm not taking her by force Alicia. " He promised "you should know me better than that."

Alicia, hesitatingly loosened her arms. Keisha walked to her daddy and looked up to meet his sorrowed filled eyes.

"Yes daddy?"

"I am I am" his chest heaved painfully " I am leaving."

Keisha bottom lip trembled "How come?"

"Because

" BECAUXSE HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU KIESHA!" her mother shouted.

"Because , I am called elsewhere." Her father answered.

"You want stay with your mother?"

Kiesha looked down. "Daddy I don't want you to go."

"I didn't ask that,do you want to stay with your mother."

Keisha tried closed her eyes too stop the tears streaming, and wiped away the boogers on her face with a Mickey mouse pajamas sleeve.

"Yes I do."

Her mother clapped her hand "Yes exactly she gon stay with her mama."

Her father stared silently at his daughter, as if wondering if she truly comprehended the choice being made here.

"Ki ki ki " are you sure?"

"I don't want to leave mommy alone " she pleaded " but I want you to stay too! How come you can't daddyy!"

Her fathers eyes grew deep with agony's every word she said was like dagger digging sharper into his heart. "Because I , I "

"Because he full of shit!" just like all men ! Elf or man!" her mother roared.

Keishas tears flowed with renewed. "Im sorry daddy but I can't leave mommy I just can't."

His grey eyes studied his daughters heart shaped face like he was trying to remember every detail

Two minutes of silence passedhe spoke.

"Kiesha, " he said slowly. " kiesha look at me."

Kiesha teary face looked up from the dirty brown of the carpet in front of her to her father's face.

"I want you to say these words and when you do, say it..say it like you mean it, okay?"

Keisha nodded slowly.

"Repeat after me . While the world still remains."

"While the world still remains." she repeated.

"And the illuvatar still reigns."

"And the illuvatar still reigns."

"I Keisha Tramell"

"I kiesha tramell."

"Renounce, renounce. Renounce my elvish line."

"Renounce Renounce my elvish line.". Keisha, around her stomach a white light shines, like it was coming from under her skin. It felt cold and crawled up her spine slowly as she recited the words.

"I Renounce my immortality and bloodline divine."

"I Renounce my immortality and all things divine."

"By the grace of illuvatar , I choose to remain human of and reject a life of unending time."

by the grace of illuvatar , I choose to remain human of and reject a life of unending time." She finished.

The freezing light she felt rose past her breast and died in her throat.

Her father knelt on bended knee to hug his daughter.

"I feel different daddy."

Her father swallowed hard. " I know baby I know " he pulled back to meet her gaze "just remember this 'ni melme tye, always and forever."

This time when she looked in her daddy's grey starlight eyes, the same starlight and brilliance of hers had faded and never would it be seen again.

PLEASE LEAVE REVIEWS AND FOLLOWS! FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS AS WELL!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.