Compromised by spookystoy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Another Stories_100 drabble, the prompt this time being purple. Maybe one of these days I will get away from such literal use of the prompt... naaah.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When you need a stealthy archer, who you gonna call?

Major Characters: Celegorm, Curufin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 96
Posted on 1 March 2009 Updated on 1 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

Purple storm clouds merged with smoke from the battlefield in conspiracy to obscure the sun. The plain roiled with shadows — Morgoth’s army. From their hilltop encampment, Curufin and his brother watched as Orcs prowled among the dead littering the ground, despoiling foe and ally alike.

Curufin turned his back on the horror below. "Orcs are moving northwest," he observed. "Our position will be compromised."

Sitting next to him, Celegorm nodded. "Someone should do something about that."

"Any suggestions?"

Celegorm grinned. "Shoot accurately."

Curufin laughed. "I always do." He slid a quiver over his shoulder, nudging Celegorm. "Hand me my bow."

 


Chapter End Notes

One of my earliest drabbles, and I ended up cutting a lot out of it. I'm not sure it works as intended. Just wanted to get across that confidence I'm sure these two possessed even in the face of overwhelming uncertainty and defeat.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hmm, I do think you managed to capture that confidence of two princes. What you captured also in a great way is the spoiling of victims and the battlefield, the laid back - nearly lazy - musings of those two. I just think you end the drabble at the right moment, giving me the freedom to wonder if Celegorm will join Curufin in shooting at the orcs or not.