Breakfast with Sparrow by chrissystriped

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Set in an AU where Melkor repents, is pardoned and lives together with his husband, an OC who just happens to be called Mablung.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

An elf shares his breakfast with a sparrow.

Major Characters: Original Male Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Ficlet, General

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 160
Posted on 25 July 2021 Updated on 25 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Breakfast with Sparrow

Read Breakfast with Sparrow

Written for the Middle-Earth Olympics prompt: Badminton

 

Mablung sat in the garden, eating bread with strawberry jam. Melkor had just gone inside to refill their cups and Mablung smiled when a bold sparrow landed on the backrest of the vacated chair, looking at him with beady, black eyes.

“Want some of my breakfast?”, he asked and broke off a piece of his bread, pushing it over the table.

The sparrow fluttered his wings nervously, but didn’t fly away.

“Come on, you can have it.”

Mablung leaned back. The bird hopped down on the table and quickly took up the crumb of bread in his beak before shooting away to the next tree.

“Who are you talking to?”, Melkor asked, coming out with their cups in his hands.

“Oh, I’m just trying to make a new friend”, Mablung said.

He nodded in the direction of the sparrow who was still watching them. Melkor laughed and kissed his cheek.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I’m happy to see Mablung making friends with a sparrow. I can imagine him doing this, and I have a feeling that Melkor at this point is also happy seeing Mablung interact with feathery beings who are in some sense connected with his brother.