The Burninator by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

My prompt for Zingers was You are a pizza burn on the roof of the world’s mouth. -Community

Pizza in Arda led naturally to Buffy led to 'maybe she did get in a few insults before the end...'

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the events at the Morannon, Sauron may be weak, but he has a pressing question only Morgoth can answer... (Daughters of Celebrian ficlet.)

Major Characters:

Major Relationships: Melkor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: Also Appearing, Zingers

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 460
Posted on 15 July 2022 Updated on 22 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

The Burninator

Read The Burninator

Mairon might be greatly weakened, but stripped of the ability to reform a fana or not, he was still one of the ainur. Which meant he could still contact his mate. Which was a comfort on the one hand, but also meant he might get a question answered that had been eating at him every since the infernal girl said it in the first place.

What has happened to you??

Melkor’s voice echoed with outrage, able to hear and feel his diminished state.

That brat has happened to me, he admitted dejectedly. Though all is not lost – she now believes me beaten, which means she will not keep her guard up much longer. Assuming, of course, she does not fade…

He was still hoping that might be the case. He didn’t dare shadow her journey to her grandmother’s domain too closely, but he had gotten close enough to observe that she had not emerged unscathed. Physically, of course, she was in good health. So far. But he greatly enjoyed knowing he had not been the only one diminished.

I would rather prefer she did not, Melkor informed him. I have something better in mind for my favorite vampire slayer, but it will be impossible once she’s behind the walls my brother has erected around his precious land, much less if she is in blasted Mandos.

Well, one couldn’t have everything. His mate’s plan actually did sound much more enjoyable – and more fitting. All the same…

What did she say that is bothering you so?

Mairon hesitated. Perhaps it was ridiculous. Plenty of other things she had said over the years were. He might look foolish letting it bother him so…

Out with it, Melkor growled. I already plan to take her apart, but it need not go quickly.

What is ‘pizza’? Mairon asked.

The concept flowed from his mate’s mind to his own effortlessly.

In return, he allowed Melkor to see how it was he had heard of pizza.

After that, it was his mate’s anger on his behalf that bridge the vast space between them.

He wasn’t sure which was more heartening, the support, or the visual that had accompanied the original explanation. What an odd form of food. Perhaps that explained why the girl’s mind worked so strangely. Even by peredhil standards…

Worry not, Melkor assured him. She will come to rue her words.

He certainly hoped so. And at some point, he intended to visit California and sample pizza for himself.

After we beat her, I will have enough power to make that happen, my precious, Melkor assured him. And to restore you. But we must choose an opportune moment. We will have only the once chance.

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Bwahaha! Oh, poor Mairon. (I'm also struck by how much Melkor cares for him,  I didn't know he had it in him... although, maybe it's purely selfish, and he just needs Mairon to help regain entry to Arda?)