Quilt of Growth by AdmirableMonster

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Just some fun with instadrabbling :)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Little snapshots of different worlds, for the restoration and rebuilding challenge.  Written during Instadrabbling in August 2022.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Celebrimbor, Halbarad, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Maedhros, Maglor, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet

Challenges: Restoration and Rebuilding

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 472
Posted on 20 August 2022 Updated on 20 August 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Maedhros: Rebirth

Read Maedhros: Rebirth

Maedhros opens his eyes to the warmth of a summer day, with the cicadas droning in his ear.  He feels as though he has been dreaming.  The last memory he has is of fire and his little brother’s shattered face, but it is distant and far away. The trees are groaning with fruit, and his body is free of pain for the first time that he can remember since Alqualondë.  He’s alive.  He sits up and looks around.

“Welcome home, Nelyafinwë,” says a cloaked figure.

Where is the guilt, Maedhros wonders, but in his heart there is only an apology.

Celebrimbor: Cleansing

takes place in my Celebrimbor-lives AU, which I am at some point going to post to SWG, I promise

Read Celebrimbor: Cleansing

The water flowed.  Celebrimbor knelt at its side, staring down into the arid valley below.  Stinky twined around his knees, meowing loudly and excitedly.  It had taken the Dwarves nearly a year, and all the ingenuity of their hands and Celebrimbor’s, but the water flowed.

“There, you dratted monster,” Celebrimbor said, laying a hand on Stinky’s head.  “You are not so skilled at destruction as you thought, are you?”

Behind him, Lobelia snorted awake on her litter.  “You’re cosseting that cat again, aren’t you?” she creaked out in her most crotchety voice.  “Oh my, look at that river.”  She snorted.  “He’ll get wet.  He’ll hate that.”

Stinky meowed in indignation.

Maglor: Ash

takes place in my Cowboy AU

Read Maglor: Ash

The mesa was charred from top to bottom; the lightning strike had done a lot more damage than one bolt by rights ought to have been able to.  Maglor tipped his hat up and rubbed the back of his neck.  “Gonna be a right mess to clear,” he opined.

“Mmmyep.”  Hal pulled a face.  “Least none of the folk died.”

“Yeah.”  Maglor gave him a sideways look and then sought his hand, which was not something he normally felt comfortable with.  Hal decided not to comment, in case it would make him self-conscious.  

“So,” he said, instead.  “Guess we’ll get some folk up later, start rebuilding?”

Maglor nodded.  “I’ll make sure Elrond gets somethin’ to eat,” he said thinly, and Hal didn’t comment on that either, but he smiled to himself.

Mairon: Mycoremediation

and back to the celebrimbor-lives AU

Read Mairon: Mycoremediation

“Are those mushrooms?” Trygve asked, scratching their beard.

Celebrimbor nodded absently, leg twinging vaguely unpleasantly. Stinky lashed his tail in excitement, circling the mushrooms with a very predatory look on his face. For a moment, Celebrimbor wondered if he would destroy the whole patch, but he reached out delicately and plucked just one of the fruiting bodies, laying it on the ground and then slicing it open with a claw. Celebrimbor tried not to see how the paw moved like a hand that he remembered skillfully wielding a knife.

“There’s gold inside?” Trygve stared at the glittering fragments inside the dissected mushroom.

“Poison,” Celebrimbor said softly. “They take it into themselves to heal the land.”

Stinky purred proudly.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh I loved all of these ❤️❤️❤️

I remember and recognise some of the AUs ? you're such a great author and you convey so much feeling and meaning in so few words ?