The Lost Boys by Lady MSM

| | |

Sleep Deprivation


Sleep Deprivation

“What the hell is going on here?” demanded Voronwe.

“Ah…nothing,” replied Tuor. “Maybe try to be quieter…”

“If there’s nothing going on, then what is she doing here?” hissed Voronwe. “Having the princess of Gondolin asleep on your couch kind of implies something is going on.”

“Oh,” said Tuor uncomfortably. “Well…she came over after the feast to see if I was all right, and then she just sort of passed out.”
“How long has she been here?”

“About twenty hours. She told me she’d only slept about ten hours in the last four days, so I really don’t want to wake her up.”

Voronwe whistled in disbelief. “That girl works too hard. Weren’t people other than her supposed to be planning the War Games too?”

“Well, you know how Idril is,” said Tuor with a shrug. “Probably didn’t think anyone else was competent enough to do it—and in her defense, she might’ve been right. Who else do we know who could’ve planned a week-long event on ten hours of sleep?"

“You make a good point. Better hope she wakes up soon, though…people are starting to worry.” Voronwe flopped into a chair and put his feet up on the table. “So, I probably should have asked this sooner, but how are you, anyway?”

“Oh, you know me. I’ve gotten so many blows to the head that by this point in my life they don’t really bother me anymore.”

Voronwe laughed. “That’s my best friend. The hardest head in the city.”

A groggy noise came from the couch. “Hardest what?”
    


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment