The Point of the Needle by Rocky41_7

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor assists Maedhros with pain therapy, but his bedside manner is lacking.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships: Maedhros & Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Family, General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Domestic and Partner Violence, Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 387
Posted on 20 June 2024 Updated on 20 June 2024

This fanwork is complete.

The Point of the Needle

You know how it is when your brother has chained you to a doomed oath but you don't have the balls to just walk out.

Read The Point of the Needle

    The lord of Amon Ereb held still and silent while Maglor pushed in the needles. It was one of the few personal tasks with which Maedhros still trusted another, and Maglor suspected this was simply because he was incapable of doing it himself. The acupuncture was meant to stimulate blood flow, and lessen the stiffness and pain in Maedhros’ right shoulder.

            Maglor couldn’t say if it did.

            One needle he jabbed in particularly roughly and Maedhros twitched and flexed his shoulder, and so Maglor stuck the next one in still more aggressively.

            “You are not doing it correctly,” said Maedhros, by which Maglor knew he meant that hurts.

            “I follow the diagram,” said Maglor, savagely flicking one of the needles. Ideally, it would create a “localized sensation,” but it was not intended to escalate to true pain, if it was done properly.

            “You don’t even look on it,” Maedhros snapped.

            “How would you know on what I look? I stand behind you.” Maglor stabbed another needle into Maedhros’ shoulder, nearly scraping down to bone.

            “It’s on the desk,” Maedhros snarled, gesturing across the room.

            “I remember it,” said Maglor, flicking another needle so that Maedhros let out a sharp intake of breath. His restraint was enraging, and Maglor flicked another needle harder, and harder, and harder and when this did not force Maedhros to break composure and cry out, he thrust in another needle along his spine with such violence that Maedhros whipped around, grabbing for his wrist.

            “Enough!”

            For a moment they grappled and then Maedhros rose and threw his brother to the floor where Maglor hit the wood hard and lay still, breathing heavily through his nose.

            “Have you something to say, Kanafinwë?” Maedhros asked.

            The acid which bubbled up in Maglor’s throat choked him; the poison of it clogged up his veins, his lungs, his stomach; it spread out through his body and withered him from the inside: he trembled, and glared.

Maedhros would strangle him and demand his obedience even as he did it.

            “Get out of my room,” said Maedhros. When Maglor did not move, he said again: “Get out,” and Maglor looked into a darker fire than ever he had seen in the eyes of their father, and rising to his feet, he took his bitter leave.


Chapter End Notes

Extremely improper use of acupuncture here. Do NOT do this at home.

On tumblr


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.