Manwë's Birthday Party by Dawn Felagund, Tarion Anarore, , Rhapsody, , oshun, , Isil Elensar, , pandemonium_213, , Beatrisu

| | |

Chapter 8: Finrod the Endearingly Stupid, by Tarion Anarore

We apologize in advance for any trouble Finrod causes.

I'm not sure if thanks are in order to Dawn Felagund for the use of her excellently eccentric (and naughty) Finrod muse, but technically he's really hers, not mine. Therefore, I claim no responsibility whatsoever! ;D So thanks, Dawn, for letting Finrod come to play with me! (Don't even think it, Finrod!)

Also, no insult to blondes intended. ;)


Finrod Felagund raised a hand to ring the chime and noticed two things: firstly, there was no conveniently placed button at eye-level to press. Secondly...well, there was no door at all. Finrod stared for a long moment, blinking in a way that suggested incurable blondeness, hand still half raised. He wondered vaguely if this was Manwë's idea of a joke, or if the Vala had resorted to tricking Elves into cleaning his bird baths.

 

Thinking it might not be polite to enter the Lord of Arda's ridiculously large house...palace...whatever it was...without announcing his presence first, and seeing as there was no doorbell - and no door - Finrod did what was, in his mind, the next best thing.

 

"Helloooo000oooOOoooooo0oooOOoooooooo??"

 

He waited for maybe three seconds - an eternity - before finally deciding that he should just walk in, since he didn't see anyone coming to answer the...entrance (even if he squinted really hard). He didn't want to miss any more of the party, and it had taken more time than he had anticipated to climb the stairs.

 

Only tripping twice on the threshold, he eventually made his way to the living room, where the party seemed to be centered. Not that it appeared to be much of a party, in his opinion, given the small number of guests so far. Though upon further look at the guests, he decided that, given what happened the last time his cousins had come together at a big important party, it might be exciting after all. (Though he hoped that this time the excitement wouldn't end with anyone kicking the bucket.)

 

"I'M HERE!! I brought......" Finrod trailed off, realizing that he had drank the bottle of wine that was to be his contribution to the party along the way. (What? Those stairs were steep and he had been thirsty.) Mentally shrugging, he switched courses. "...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He beamed, pleased with his quick solution.

Manwë’s simple reply of “thanks” was nice enough, though a look crossed his face rather like - well, like his awkward nephew-by-marriage had shown up at his birthday party – before it was replaced by an indulgent smile. Something which Finrod, predictably, failed to notice at all.

 


 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment