Longing for lost love by hugesilmfan

| | |

surprise

well i hope this story hasn't been boring to you, i wish you to enjoy it, and well here is the third chapter. please readd and review!


Maitimo accompanied her back to her room, which was in the opposite side of his at these dwellings, and gave her good night. He then walked back to his room happy of having met a new friend.

He wasn’t surprised to see Macalaure asleep in his bed; it was an old custom of his.  He fell asleep as his head touched his pillow and rested peacefully; at least until a close breathing woke him up, to see Macalaure inspecting his face closely as he slept.

“Cano let me get up…”- he said half asleep

“Where were you last night?”- said Macalaure with an inquisitive look, identical to Nerdanel’s.

“At the gardens………I couldn’t sleep….”- he said “Cano? … I met someone…”

“Mmm….someone? Who?”- He said with curiosity.

“An elleth, she’s called Annariel…”- he said

“Well, it looks like I’m going to be an uncle quite soon” – said Macalaure with a wide grin

“Oh, come on Cano! She’s just a friend…”- said an irritated Maitimo

“I’m sure she’s a friend, it’s just that I had never seen you talk that way before, you’ve even blushed a little”

“Did I? Well …I didn’t notice…”-said Maitimo ashamed

“Don’t worry toron, you’re with me ….you know you can tell me anything”-said Macalaure

“You talk like the big brother…”

“Well someone’s got to protect YOU as well…”

“I guess so…thanks”

“When do I meet my future sister?” – said Macalaure trying to appear serious

“I told you ….she’s just a FRIEND!”- said Maitimo warningly

“Alright, alright…. I was just joking… I’m glad for you”- said Macalaure

 “Well…I should bath, so go away…”

“See you later then…but really, I would want to meet your friend” –with these he left, leaving Maitimo alone.

Some time later Maitimo emerged from his bedroom already dressed and organized. He wore a light brown tunic, short sleeved, as it was midsummer. He went to look for Macalaure, and found him, eating breakfast at a little table in the outside. He took some bread and cheese for himself and sat down beside Macalaure.

“Hey sleeping beauty, you finally came down,” said Macalaure

“Hello Cano,” said Maitimo

“Grandfather wants to see us, toron” said Macalaure, after a moment of silence.

“Really? For what?” he replied, surprised by Mahtan’s request.

“I don’t know, he just told me to tell you he was looking for both of us,” said Macalaure, with that innocent expression of his.

After this Maitimo and Macalaure finished breakfast silently and went to Mahtan. They found their grandfather reunited with Nerdanel and, for Maitimo’s surprise, Annariel.

“Finally. We were waiting for you both, younglings,” said Mahtan with his always joyous tone.

“We were eating breakfast, grandfather” said Maitimo, still distracted by Annariel’s presence.

They sat down beside their mother, who looked curiously at Maitimo’s distracted stare, which was not typical of his.

“I see you two have already met,” said a somewhat delighted Nerdanel, noticing Annariel’s reaction to Maitimo’s stare.

“We have, my lady” said Annariel with her shy voice.

“We met yesterday at the gardens” said Maitimo

“Well then, I shall tell you both that we have decided to make Annariel your mother’s apprentice,” said Mahtan grinning at his grandchildren.

Macalaure then greeted Annariel kindly, as was his way, and Maitimo raised his eyebrows, showing a wide smile. He was determined not to show his surprise at the decision.

“You never told me you were a sculptress,” said Maitimo to Annariel, after they finished discussing traveling and other issues with Mahtan and Nerdanel.

“I never had the chance” she said, now more relaxed than before.

They walked through the outside of the house, talking and joking. Maitimo was not sure why, but he talked with her as intimately as with Fingon or Macalaure, or any of his family. But she didn’t mind, instead, she returned his intimacy when talking to him.

She did not look shy with him anymore, as they spent the next days together, talking; Maitimo even showed her a secret spot on the outsides, he had discovered it years before, and went there whenever he wished solitude at these dwellings. It was a clear place in the nearby woods; it was surrounded by trees and was a great spot to see the stars. They spent much of their time in this place, staying together, until the mingling of the lights came and they went back to the house and their respective rooms.


Chapter End Notes

hope you liked it!! please review and critic. nothing else to say.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment