Longing for lost love by hugesilmfan

| | |

meeting the house of flame

this is chapter four, i just hope you'll enjoy. and please keep reviewing


Eventually, the time to go home came for the three feanorians, and now of course, Annariel. They gave farewell to Mahtan and rode to tirion.  They camped soon after the mingling of the lights. Maitimo and Macalaure where left in charge of the cooking, which Maitimo loved to do, but Macalaure, well he was something else…

To Maitimo, Annariel seemed to grow tense with every step they went forward, so he decided to talk to her, and see what bothered her.

“What troubles you?” said Maitimo

“I don’t know how they’ll receive me, at your home. …I’m scared” she replied quietly.

“Well, my brothers can be very annoying at times, but you eventually grow to like them. Especially when you have, practically, raised four of them and have two baby brothers as the twins.” Joked Maitimo

Annariel’s reply was disbelief, and after a while, laughter.

“I think it’s going to be interesting” said Annariel

“It will, for sure,” replied Maitimo

They slept peacefully and departed early in the morning.

As they approached their house, the brothers rode faster, leaving both women behind, chattering peacefully, until they heard enormous amounts of shouting and saw Maitimo and Macalaure surrounded by their brothers.

As soon as they saw both of them, Nerdanel and Annariel, the brothers ran to embrace their mother and, off course, to meet the new girl, out of curiosity.  Hearing the scandal, Feanaro rushed out of the forge to greet them, he was expectant about the new apprentice Nerdanel had told him about in her letters. He kissed his elder sons and off course his wife; then he moved on to greet Annariel.

“Lady, it’s a pleasure to meet you….I’m feanaro,” he said, ever so charismatic.

“The pleasure is mine, my lord feanaro….I’m Annariel” she said, somewhat shy.

“Please, just Feanaro” he said a bit irritated.

“Off course” she answered.

“I’m ambarussa” said both twins out loud.

“Tyelkormo,” said turko simply.

“I’m Curufinwe,” said Atarinke

“And that is Carnistir,” said Maitimo suddenly, hugging his dark brother.

“Hello” said Carnistir dryly.

“I think we should get inside, so we can have supper,” said Nerdanel teasingly.

Feanaro and Curufinwe prepared that day’s meal, which all enjoyed. The amabarussa were making a point to show Annariel their love for hunting, conversation tyelkormo joined joyful; carnistir said few words as usual, Macalaure sat besides his wife, talking to her in a low voice so only she could hear him; and Nerdanel and Maitimo laughed at how annoying could the amabarussa become when treating the hunter’s theme, and how well was Annariel managing to get into the family.

After dinner, as usual, Macalaure sang for his family, inviting them to the garden, where they leaned on the grass, under the veiled ceiling of stars.

 Nerdanel and Feanaro leaned together holding one ambarussa each. Tyelkormo and Curufinwe where beside each other, Curufinwe holding little tyelperinquar, as his wife was out visiting her family. Carnistir sat beside a tree, alone, as usual, but not far away was Annariel leaning on a small orange tree that topped over her head by little.Seeing her alone Maitimo chose to sat beside her, as Carnistir’s loneliness and wish for solitude warned him to do.

“You have an extraordinary family,” she said. She had stopped any kind of shyness around him some time ago, though she still grew tense whenever his nearness was unexpected, something Maitimo thought strange, for it was not his purpose to make her uncomfortable.

“yes…..I find it hard, to imagine my life without them” he replied looking into her eyes, which caused her an unexpected shiver, though she was able to suppress it before he was aware of it, a task hard to accomplish with Maitimo’s experience.

“Do you have any other siblings” he asked suddenly, for he had noticed her to be somehow uncomfortable with his stare, and he did not wish that, whatever the reason.

“Well, yes, I have an older sister” she said, grateful for his “mercy”.

She bent over the roses near her, and, with a swift movement carried one of the roses to her nose.

“I love roses….if they didn’t just die …” she sighed 

 “They’re beautiful” he said simply, but sincerely.

“I could live like this” she said in a whisper, hearing Macalaure’s beautiful song.

“You will”.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment