Maeglin's Choice by chrissystriped

| | |

Chapter Fifteen


In comparison to the armies that had fought in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, their own was laughable, but they didn’t intend to attack Angband — not right away at least. Turgon had quietly sent builders to Vinyamar, repairing the citadel and building fortifications. It would need much more effort to make the city habitable again, but it was suitable as headquarters. They were ready to attack.

They only waited for Tuor’s message that everything was ready to move over the mountains. He was in Hithlum, sneaking into the quarters of his enslaved people to tell them the time for an uprising had come. He’d gone there again and again in the last two years, mobilising his people. According to him it hadn’t been hard to convince them, especially with the knowledge that Turgon would fight alongside them.

 

Maeglin was helping Celebrimbor out of his plate. His friend had made some changes and had wanted to make sure everything fit and moved well together. They’d made a lot of blades and plate armour, sharing their knowledge, learning from each other. The forge had rarely been unoccupied with them and Rog and their people hard at work. Maeglin’s miners had found good iron in the mountains around Vinyamar, their supply was ensured.

“Are you satisfied?”, Maeglin asked and Celebrimbor nodded.

“It feels good. Let’s go find something to eat. Or is Rog waiting for you?”

“I’m free for the evening”, answered Maeglin. “I thought… we could spend some time in private.”

They’d been together almost every day, but rarely alone and now that the time to attack was in sight, they had so much work that they’d been too tired at night to do much. Maeglin felt the need to be alone with him for a bit.

“Oh, I see you have lewd thoughts.” Celebrimbor grinned wickedly and kissed him deeply. “I like that.”

Maeglin was a little breathless when they parted. “Let’s go eat”, he said blushing.

Celebrimbor smiled gently at him and laid his arm around his shoulders as they walked through the citadel and Maeglin leaned against him. He felt always so warm in his arms. It was wonderful. He liked that everyone could see they belonged together.

 

Tyelpe smiled at Maeglin over their stew. It felt good to spend some work-free time with him. He loved to make him smile, loved to tease him out of his reserved manner. Tyelpe moved his leg forward under the table and slid his foot up Maeglin’s thigh. His friend’s lids fluttered as he looked at him and he quickly spooned up the last bites of stew. Then he pushed his bowl aside and leaned over the table to kiss Tyelpe. When he wanted to move back, Tyelpe stopped him by laying his hand in his neck, deepening the kiss. Maeglin’s cheeks were flushed when they parted again and Tyelpe’s heart was thundering in his chest, heat pooling between his legs.

“Let’s move to the bed?”, he asked, his voice sounding a little scratchy from arousal.

Maeglin’s eyes fluttered closed again as Tyelpe’s fingers played with the soft hair at his nape. Tyelpe stood and reached for Maeglin’s hand to pull him up. Maeglin embraced him, licking up his neck before nibbling at his earlobe, and then blushed because of his boldness. Tyelpe felt his cock twitch, he found this abashment so arousing — it might have concerned him, but by now he knew it would vanish as things progressed. He loved the abashment because he could watch it go away.

They were in Maeglin’s rooms and Tyelpe let himself be led to the bed in the next room. It was all very obviously a temporary accommodation, sparsely furnished and impersonal, apart from a few knick-knacks. Some metal pieces and uncut jewels lay on the top of a cabinet, alongside some diagrams and doodles. A childish drawing of Maeglin killing orcs — his little nephew must have drawn that — hung on a peg on the wall, a white shawl lay on the bed, Maeglin quickly folded it and put it in a drawer. Tyelpe knew it was the only thing he had left from his mother.

Maeglin turned back to him and laid his arms around his shoulder again and they kissed, undressing each other. Maeglin’s skin felt hot under his fingertips. Tyelpe felt him shiver as he traced the contours of his muscles, listened to his hitching breath as their cocks brushed together. Tyelpe moaned into his mouth, sliding his hands down to his buttocks and pulling him closer, thrusting against him.

They fell down on the bed, entangled in each other. Tyelpe closed his eyes, everything dissolving into touch and sound and smell. His hands on Maeglin’s sweat-slicked skin, Maeglin’s ragged breath in his ear, the scent of the oil as Maeglin opened the stopper. Tyelpe spread his legs wide and groaned loudly as Maeglin’s fingers prepared him for his cock. He opened his eyes again, looking up into Maeglin’s face, who was watching him intently.

“More”, Tyelpe groaned. “Please, Lómion, I want you.”

Something lit up in Maeglin’s eyes at his words, Tyelpe reached up to pull him down into a kiss. He shuddered with pleasure as Maeglin breached him, thrusting slowly into him.

“Do you like it?”, he croaked. “Is it good like this?”

“Yes, Lómion”, Tyelpe answered breathlessly. “Yes!” He met his thrusts, angling his hips and felt a bolt of lightning shoot through him when that made Maeglin hit the right spot. “Yes! Just like this.”

 

Maeglin reached down to pull the blanket over them both then snuggled into Celebrimbor. They’d washed and when Maeglin had scrounged up the courage to ask Celebrimbor, if he’d stay the night, he’d said yes. It was still hard for him to ask for something, but he was growing more confident with Celebrimbor.

And the way Celebrimbor had called him ‘Lómion’ during sex had felt so good. It had sounded like ‘I love you’ to him — even if he was probably reading too much into it.

He’d asked him if he could call him that, after Rog had used the name when he’d adopted him. Maeglin felt like he was finally building a family after feeling alone for so long. He was afraid it couldn’t hold. How could he be so lucky after everything. He’d have to pay for it eventually, he just knew it.

“Don’t”, Celebrimbor said sleepily.

“What?” Maeglin startled let go of Celebrimbor and moved backwards, a sharp pain stabbing at his heart.

Celebrimbor turned around with a frown, but when he saw his face, he looked appalled. “Nonono! I didn’t mean… Oh, Maeglin”, he embraced him gently. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything you were doing. I just felt that you were worrying and I wanted you to stop.”

Maeglin sobbed in relief. “I thought… I thought you didn’t want me to hold you.”

“I’m sorry. I’m an idiot.” Celebrimbor rubbed his back. “My dear, dear Lómion. I want you close to me. Always and forever.” Maeglin looked up to him and Celebrimbor smiled wryly. “I love you, don’t you know that?” Maeglin shook his head. “Well, now you know.” Celebrimbor kissed the tip of his nose.

“You do?” Happiness was rushing through his body. Celebrimbor had said it. Celebrimbor loved him! Maeglin clung to him and started to cry.

“Yes?”, Celebrimbor sounded a little worried. “Are you alright?” He patted his back gingerly.

“Yes”, Maeglin sobbed. “I’m so happy. I love you, too. I thought...” He sniffed. “I thought, no one would ever love me back.”

“Oh, my dear.” Celebrimbor kissed his cheek. “I do. And I’m so happy with you. And don’t say: ‘Why would you love me?’” Maeglin blushed, Celebrimbor new him so well. “You are loveable and I’m going to prove it to you.”

Maeglin leaned into him, wishing that time would stop so he could stay in this most perfect of moments. They laid down again, holding each other, Maeglin’s head tugged under Celebrimbor’s chin — he’d inherited the looks of his mother but the height of his father and Celebrimbor towered over him. He felt so save in his arms, nothing would hurt him, as long as Celebrimbor had a say in it. He loved him! Maeglin smiled, feeling so happy he thought his heart might burst out of his chest.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment