The Darkest Season by Elleth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I owe a great deal of thanks to Aria, Erulisse, GG, and Woodelf for their help, be that with betaing or talking me out abandoning this story.

Ideally, the story will be updated daily from December 1st to 25th as per the goal of the challenge.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In early winter 506, three Fëanorian soldiers are drawn into the events surrounding the Silmaril of Doriath.

Written for adventchallenge on LJ.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Expletive Language, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 7, 714
Posted on 1 December 2011 Updated on 6 December 2011

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

News arrives at the stronghold on Amon Ereb in early winter 506, and three Fëanorian soldiers find themselves faced with an unwelcome predicament.

After news arrives of the Silmaril in Doriath, discussion follows.

With the discussion concluded, Asgarvain and Handrin reflect on past and future.

In the late watches of the night, Handrin comes to a decision, and the time to speak to Maedhros draws closer.

Our intrepid heroes go to meet Maedhros, but run into some obstacles on the way.

The meeting with Maedhros, the Oath, and an unexpected conclusion.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


They seem to be rather skilled at evading the fatal conversation - and evading me trying to write it, but we'll get there. Thank you for the review. :)

(Good catch! Asgarvain's knowledge about the Telerin girl will be explained later, so it's not an oversight, it's an intentional omission. Consider this a teaser.)

Elleth, I really like this! Your OCs give this version of Arda a greater richness than it otherwise would have, definitely. I love the insights we get about the sort of people who would (still) choose to follow the brothers Feanorian. And it has great atmosphere, the wintery setting sort of breathes over you.