The Condensed Silmarillion by Cheeky

| | |

Hunting for a Man


Fingon and Turgon had a sister.

She was a bit of a feminist. Anything the boys could do she thought she could do better.

She was wrong on that count.

Somehow she ended up being shunted off to Gondolin with Big brother Turgon. I think Fingolfin thought shutting her up in a secret city which no one was allowed to leave was the perfect solution. Turgon may have had other ideas, he drew the short straw on that one.

Anyone with half a brain could see Aredhel would get bored. Gondolin just didn't do it for her. Gondolin was never going to do it for her. I honestly don't know what Fingolfin was thinking, ( actually I do know exactly what he was thinking...." She'll get bored and cause trouble but at least I won't be around to have to deal with it")

She went to Turgon and asked if she could leave. I don't know why she bothered asking because when he said she couldn't she pretty much ignored him anyway.
In the end he got sick of her nagging him about it and said " Yes you can go but only if you go to see Fingon.
Go to Fingon. Go directly to Fingon. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200"

Let's face it Turgon was just trying to make sure Fingon had as miserable a time as he did. I can just imagine how happy Fingon was to get the message Aredhel was on her way.

Of course Aredhel wasn't going to go anywhere her brother told her to and as soon as she escaped the city headed off to visit the Feanorians. They were so much more exciting you know.
She ended up at Celegorms place. I think she had a bit of a crush on him. Celegorm obviously didn't feel the same way. He heard she was there and went into hiding. There was no way he was going home while Aredhel was there.

She waited. And waited. And waited. She just didn't get the message.

He doesn't like you that way Aredhel. He probably prefers his dog to be honest. The dog is much more agreeable. I bet Fingon has been complaining to Maedhros about what a pain in the butt his little sister is and Maedhros has warned his brother off.
I would.
If I were Maedhros.

Maedhros: " honestly Celegorm, I'm serious. Stay away from her "
Celegorm: " but she's really kind of pretty and you have to admit it would be a great political match"
Maedhros: " look, Fingon says she is an absolute nightmare. Just don't go there!"
Celegorm: " it's alright for you to say. You know there is an extreme lack of high born Elleth available for all of us and you have managed to snap up the most desirable Prince. What are we supposed to do????"
Maedhros: " well I guess there is always Finrod..........."
Celegorm: " Brother. That's not very helpful, last I heard he was into Dwarves"

Eventually it became obvious even to Aredhel that Celegorm just was never coming home. She had to admit defeat and go and try to find another guy to catch. One who hadn't heard of her reputation to be problematic.

Given the fact she was Fingolfin's daughter so all his people knew about her and Maedhros had obviously warned Fëanorian's near and far plus Thingol wouldn't let her anywhere near his magic forest Her chances of finding anyone seemed remote in the extreme!!

Still, good luck in the wilds.......

Run Eöl Run!!!


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment