The Condensed Silmarillion by Cheeky

| | |

The Sad Tale of Maedhros and Fingon part 2A


The Sad Tale of Maedhros and Fingon

Part Two (A)

Woe is us. Maedhros has been captured and is hanging from a cliff. Who will save him?

Not his brothers that's for sure. They spend their time doing a really good impression of the Valar, talking and arguing about what to do but actually doing nothing.

But...just when all hope is lost....Fingon strolls into camp. Looking a bit skinnier since he has just spent years crossing the Helcaraxë but still glorious, ( obviously)

Fingon: " Where is Maedhros? I have fought my way across the ice just to see him!

Brothers: " umm......... Yeah about that... "

Well Fingon wasn't about to let something as small as a powerful evil Valar come between him and his love. He had crossed the uncrossable Helcaraxë, he could get Maedhros back from Morgoth.

Such a sweetie!

Can you imagine Fëanor's frustration while watching in the Halls of Mandos.....

Fëanor: " NO Maglor!!!! Do not let Fingolfin's son rescue your brother. I burnt all those ships for nothing! .......sigh....this is hopeless, Fingolfin will never manage to keep those two apart now."

Maybe that is how Mandos and the Valar got their revenge on Fëanor. Making him watch his sons mess things up while he was powerless on the sidelines,

" Maedhros, Don't go and talk to Morgoth!"
" Maglor, stop arguing and go after your brother!"
" Maedhros, why on earth are you making Fingofin High King??!"
" Maedhros, don't let Morgoth make you late to important battles"
"Celegorm, don't imprison Thingols daughter, you are making yourself look completely crazy!"
" NO, Do not do another Kinslaying. That whole demonstrating the swords to the Teleri was just a big misunderstanding!!"
" Maedhros!!!!! Are you listening to me AT ALL???,"

 

But leaving Fëanor fuming in frustration,
Back to Fingon the Valiant. If you are going on an expedition into lands of evil you need to pack carefully which is just what Fingon did.

Fingon: " Right, off to Angband, what shall I take? Sword? Definitely. Lembas? Oh yes, I need to put on a bit of weight so starving won't do. Harp? You bet!"

Hold on Fingon. What did you say?......... Harp???
You are going on a desperate search and rescue mission to a land full of evil in the middle of some volcanoes and you take your harp?
Obviously crossing the Helcaraxë has had some unforeseen mental health side effects.

And so Fingon the Valiant and Ever So Slightly Odd set off.
Travelling light, ( except for the harp) to rescue his cousin.

Good luck with that Fingon.

I have to say I am beginning to have some doubts on the likelihood of success here.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment