The Condensed Silmarillion by Cheeky

| | |

Stand By Your Man


Stand by Your Man.

Melian was mad.
Melian was REALLY mad.
No one slagged off her Elf and got away with it.

So when Hurin had finished his " Reasons I hate you." spiel to Thingol, (who just stood and took it,) she let rip.

"What a load of rubbish!" She said."Turin was a complete pain in the butt. A spoiled brat who threw drinking vessels at our people and tormented them by chasing them naked through forests. Still we never banished him, although God knows why." 

She paused, but only to catch her breath.

"As for your wife Morwen. Don't you think we told her going to Nargothrond to visit a dragon was an incredibly stupid idea? Still we sent some of our best warriors with her to try and save her from her own stupidity. You know what happened to them?......toast!!!!
Don't dare come here bad mouthing my man." 

Hurin was ashamed. Maybe she was right. Maybe Turin was out of line? Maybe letting him do everything he wanted wasn't the best parenting decision.

To make things better he gave Thingol Finrod's necklace. 
" Here, have it." He said. "A gift to make up for the mess we made of everything."
(Actually Hurin It doesn't belong to you to give to anyone........it is Finrod's.) 

And this was the last and the absolute worst disaster of them all that Hurin and his terrible family managed to inflict upon Thingol. What they had ever had against him I just don't know.

Thingol was rather taken by the necklace, even though he knew damn well it wasn't really his. 
"Ooh sparkly!" He said. "I know just what this necklace needs. A Silmaril. I will put the Silmaril, which isn't really mine to have, into this necklace, which isn't mine to have either." 

Of course Thingol, of course that's going to work out well.

Then he topped off the worlds worst idea by getting some dwarves to do the dirty deed for him. 

If there is anyone who likes shiny things more than elves, maybe even more than the Valar, it is dwarves. 

Sure they are going to be able to do this for you Thingol and walk away. Of course they won't want to keep it all for themselves. 

Trust them, trust them with the two most shiny of all shiny things in your kingdom.
That makes perfect sense.......

Not.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment